Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Retro-extremists? What are we called?

Flicka

One Too Many
That kind of detail obsession has its place in a museum/professional reenactment setting, but on a hobby level it strikes me as fanboy (and it's usually men who get wound up about such things, not women) obsessiveness on a level with arguing over whether Sgt. Rock could beat Captain Picard in a fistfight. Stitch-counting really doesn't teach one anything particularly meaningful about the reality of the Era, so -- meh. People can do it if they want, but don't expect me to care two cents that I have plastic tips on my shoelaces when only aluminum would be correct for the second quarter of 1935 . I'm not "reenacting" anything, I'm living my life.

Absolutely! I'm not posing for anyone else and have no interest in being part of a sub-culture. I just want to live life the way I like it.

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi

I was in Long Beach the second week in June, and toured the QM. I had a great time. I took the haunted tour and the pre-WW2 tour, the pre-WW2 tour was fantastic, the haunted tour was just a hair gimmicky. The tall aristocratic looking black gentleman dressed as our Captain (James?) was out tour guide. HE WAS GREAT. If by some accident I'm ever in LA for at the same time as an event, I'll do my best to show up. I would have tried to make some sort of arrangements, but I didn't get approved until the last minute.

I arrived at the HQ for Retro-extremists by searching on Safari jacket. Now I own two Tumwater hats, a Buckaroo hat, a Stetson Temple, a Beaver brand hat, and 4 Sunbody hats. I've also purchased two sport coats (modern).

I'm interested in the whole era, but I just because Dad told me exactly how to smoke pork chops and keep them in a lard filled barrel don't mean I intend to try it tomorrow... ;)

Later

Last edited:
Hi

I was in Long Beach the second week in June, and toured the QM. I had a great time. I took the haunted tour and the pre-WW2 tour, the pre-WW2 tour was fantastic, the haunted tour was just a hair gimmicky. The tall aristocratic looking black gentleman dressed as our Captain (James?) was out tour guide. HE WAS GREAT. If by some accident I'm ever in LA for at the same time as an event, I'll do my best to show up. I would have tried to make some sort of arrangements, but I didn't get approved until the last minute.

I arrived at the HQ for Retro-extremists by searching on Safari jacket. Now I own two Tumwater hats, a Buckaroo hat, a Stetson Temple, a Beaver brand hat, and 4 Sunbody hats. I've also purchased two sport coats (modern).

I'm interested in the whole era, but I just because Dad told me exactly how to smoke pork chops and keep them in a lard filled barrel don't mean I intend to try it tomorrow... ;)

Later

MMMMMM smoked pork chops. :p

Mark B.

One of the Regulars
Thanks John......Sounds like a fun time...Is there any similar type event on the East coast that you know of?
Every year the California crew put together an event originally called the Adventure Aboard the Queen Mary it gets refered to he FLQME the fedora lounge queen mary event in the events section it's coming up end of Augst his year o coincide wih the local Art Deco Society event.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points