Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Retro Fans at Target

Mike K.

One Too Many
I just stopped by my local Target superstore the other day and happened to notice these great classic-styled desk fans sitting on the shelf. They come in different finishes (I liked the oil-rubbed bronze the best). The Target website shows they are out of stock, but the stores carry them.

51%2Bjh3NJ23L._AA400_.jpg

Foofoogal

Banned
that is great. I will have to check them out. I have an original small one and it will blow you down. Wonder if the new ones work as well?

Doublegun

Practically Family
I bought that fan locally about a month ago. They are made by Hunter so you know they are pretty good. I beliebe I paid $39 or $49, well worth the price.

Mike K.

One Too Many
Did I miss an earlier thread or did those of you who saw/purchased these fans last year just never bother to tell anyone about your find? If you come across nice vintage or retro stuff, please share. :)

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
Mine has a plastic base, but it looks very nice. The control switch is a lever on the side.

If I'd had any idea people would have such an interest in my fan from Target, I'd have rushed to my computer. :)

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Restoration Hardware always has a great selection of heavy duty vintage styled fans. They're more expensive, and having seen the Target at the local store a few days ago myself, I'm thinking I may get one and save a little money. But RH's are definitely more retro, and there are different sizes, types and finishes.

And if you don't already, check out RH around the holidays because they, at least in the past, have had some great old-time type of products that are great nostalgic gifts. Those are the Father's Day category but loads of nifty things for Christmas and New Years.

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
Mike in Seattle said:
Restoration Hardware always has a great selection of heavy duty vintage styled fans. They're more expensive, and having seen the Target at the local store a few days ago myself, I'm thinking I may get one and save a little money. But RH's are definitely more retro, and there are different sizes, types and finishes.

And if you don't already, check out RH around the holidays because they, at least in the past, have had some great old-time type of products that are great nostalgic gifts. Those are the Father's Day category but loads of nifty things for Christmas and New Years.

:eusa_clap I can vouch for Restoration Hardwares stuff. Do yourselves a favor and order a catalog at their website. Their hardware selection alone is amazing and though it isn't all cheap, it is great stuff, well made and they do have some reasonably prices options. It is a fun catalog just to thumb through

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff