Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Retro Radar Visit

Pen Collector

One of the Regulars
I just wanted to let everyone know that I had the pleasure of meeting Big T (Craig) and Bingstress (Leslie) at the Retro Radar this past weekend. It was a last minute decision on my part to go by there while my wife and I were in Dallas. They are a great couple. A lot of fun and very down to earth. I got to sit down and have cup of coffee with them for about an hour. :coffee:

(Sorry folks, I forgot my camera and they did too.)

Being a holiday weekend I figured they might be closed, however, Leslie said they would be open on Saturday and Sunday. I went by there around 10:30 a.m. on Saturday and was disappointed when I saw a sign on the door that said “Sorry we are Closed�. :cry: Disheartened I started to get back into my car when I hear someone honk at me. :jeep: There they were…..late but there. They said they had already gone by their shop and noticed that the other businesses on the Square were not open so they thought about not opening the shop. They decided to ride around the block and go by the shop one more time. Well, that is when they noticed this man with a Fedora and they said that must be Gabe. Sure enough it was me and I was glad I was able to meet them and enjoy their hospitality.

We started talking as if we had known each other for years. It did help that Craig was familiar with my home town of San Angelo, TX.

Towards the end of our visit a neighbor of theirs dropped by to say hello and he was also familiar with San Angelo. His High School Football team had played San Angelo back in the late 60’s. He still remembered the San Angelo player’s names. The opposing team, mind you! Very nice gentleman.

The Retro Radar shop is very nice. I am sure most of you would enjoy going there. Too bad they are going to have to close the shop and move elsewhere due to the crazy landlord they have. Remember the story?

Craig and Leslie, thanks for your hospitality and kindness. ;)

ITG

Call Me a Cab
Gabe, did they say how much longer they'll be in their shop on the square? I was hoping to go down there over the Christmas break, but I was sick the first week of the break and spent the week after Christmas catching up all the stuff I didn't get done before Christmas.

Pen Collector

One of the Regulars
Yes Holly....

they said they have to be out of the building by the end of this month. So, if you want to go by you need to do so this month.

Sorry to hear you were sick. Both my wife and I are just now getting over colds. There is a lot of that stuff going around.

Hope next time we can get together with you.

Big-T

Familiar Face
Thanks for Stopping by

Hey Gabe,

It was quite a treat having you stop by. Leslie made a very accurate statement about you, saying that you were really the embodiment of a "true gentleman". The success story about you and your wife was amazing.

Folks if you ever get a chance to meet Gabe, run don't walk. He is the "real deal". A real class act.

Gabe you have a hot cup of coffee waiting anytime you are in Dallas. :cheers1:

Craig "Big-T" Thompson

ITG

Call Me a Cab
PADDY said:
Just wish I could float myself across in an old empty bottle of Bushmills..! Maybe one day, who knows what the future and fate have in store for us! exciting isn't it!

Leslie and Craig, I just hope this year is a better one for you two! so here's to a Happy New Year.
Well, Paddy, if you ever do make it across in that bottle, I'd be honored to drive you up to meet them.

Craig and Leslie, I may try to make it into the shop tomorrow (but probably more likely next weekend.) and you're right...Gabe is a real gentleman.

Gabe, if y'all make it back up here, give me a shout and we can hook up at their shop or something.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy