Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Retrogirl1941 is gettin' hitched!

KilroyCD

One Too Many
Our friend Samantha (retrogirl1941) is getting married on Saturday, February 16 to her fiancee Nate. It's a themed wedding, with all attending being asked to wear 1930s through '50s era clothing styles. She has even cajoled me into wearing my RAF uniform, though it's tropical khaki drill. Here lies the rub. The wedding is being held at the Railroad Museum of Pennsylvania, and the main hall isn't heated. Let's pray for a February heat wave that day! Those khakis are not all that warm. At least I won't be the only one there in tropicals, as an attending USAAF reenactor friend only has khaki drill as well (so there'll be two of us huddled by the heater with chattering teeth and blue lips lol ). The groom is going to be decked out in a 1936 four-pocket US Army tunic and jodhpurs.
With the venue and the vintage clothing styles, it looks like it'll be a neat affair. I'll be sure to take and post photos after the event.

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
A happy event indeed! Congrats to the bride and groom and thanks for posting pictures KilroyCD! I can't wait to see the photos--it sounds like it will be a really fun day.

retrogirl1941

One Too Many
I will have a drink for fellow loungers. I think it will be absinthe. And then I'm going to the beach. Thank you everyone for the congrats!I'm so excited and stressed. But hopefully all will go off well.[huh]

Samantha

retrogirl1941

One Too Many
I will post pictures many of them. I will have some in the show us what you made thread b/c I made my dress and I now a couple people have already asked to see it. And there will be some here or in the steamer trunk.

Samantha

CanadaDoll

Practically Family
What wonderful news, a wedding and a birthday all in one month!!!
I hope you have a lovely time at both events, no, I don't hope, I know you will, wishing you every joy and happiness on your big day, and all the days there after Samantha:eusa_clap :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21