Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Return of the Starliner

carebear

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I have no idea if they are planning to do more, but that looks much better to me than the white paint job with stripes.

Although the current Eskimo gent's face on the tail is pretty iconic for Alaska Air and goes back to the 60s-70s, when they tried to get rid of him a few years back there was an uprising.

Thank you Orgetorix.

Hamsterjeep

New in Town
Only one left flying...,

AA only did three planes in the "ASTROJET" retro livery- a 727 just before they all went to the boneyard, a 757: N679AN nose number 5EL which was repainted back to the standard paint colors after the last "C" check in Tulsa....
and a 737-800, N351AA, nose number 3CF and I believe it is still in the retro colors, but I haven't seen it in a while. It looks really cool when the fuselage is polished after a MBV-main base visit, to the point of looking like it's chromed! In service they lose the "shininess" and turn a pewter color. AA does not paint the planes, and keeps them in bare aluminum. Whether or not it keeps the retro scheme is anybody's guess.
The only other AA plane in those colors is the DC-3 at the C.R.Smith Museum at DFW.

Dixon Cannon

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Here is a nice big file of the Alaska 737 in it's anniversary livery.

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h44/dixon-cannon/ASlivery.jpg

ASlivery.jpg

-dixon cannon

Baggers

Practically Family
Hamsterjeep said:
AA only did three planes in the "ASTROJET" retro livery- a 727 just before they all went to the boneyard, a 757: N679AN nose number 5EL which was repainted back to the standard paint colors after the last "C" check in Tulsa....
and a 737-800, N351AA, nose number 3CF and I believe it is still in the retro colors, but I haven't seen it in a while. It looks really cool when the fuselage is polished after a MBV-main base visit, to the point of looking like it's chromed! In service they lose the "shininess" and turn a pewter color. AA does not paint the planes, and keeps them in bare aluminum. Whether or not it keeps the retro scheme is anybody's guess.
The only other AA plane in those colors is the DC-3 at the C.R.Smith Museum at DFW.

I saw a bird in retro AA livery at DFW back on the 4th of March when we were flying up to Colorado, but I thought it looked too big for a 737.

Seeing that red lightning bolt stripe down the fuselage along with the old "AA" logo on the tail really brought back some pleasant memories.

Cheers!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy