Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Richa Daytona - blue buffalo

Edward

Bartender
Looks a good fit. Not the skintight fit in the waist of some bike jackets, but certainly not baggy or by any means 'big'. Bang on the same shade of blue as the seats in a 1938 Austin 10 my dad owned a few years ago.

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
Absolutely agree! The armour alone is almost worth the price for the jacket. I confess I almost ordered the red too when I was buying the blue - they were still in stock then.

That's what i was actually thinking, a set of D3O armour on its own is worth around the price of this jacket, it's almost worth buying for the armour alone!
It's cheaper than a Knox armoured shirt...

The only thing i don't like is the neoprene collar. I can't help but think that it isn't going to age as well as the rest of the jacket.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
Light is crap today, and i don't have time now to do my usual setup, but here are a couple quick and dirty ones:
Armour is in.

For the money this is a steal! If they still had the red one for that price i would buy it too...

uQeHZYm.jpg

0MQmQHD.jpg
For 99.9% of the population that is perfect fit and can be worn off the bike.

However I see really angry Batman or Bat -Grinch on the lower back, and I can not unsee, so I pass on this curse to anybody reading this.

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
If this hadn’t sold out, I probably would have grabbed it....not sure if I’m happy it was sold out or not

barnabus

One Too Many
Here's a little update photo for you. I've now ridden a few times in this jacket, but the key occasion was yesterday riding in the rain. It wasn't raining heavily, but it was proper rain and for long enough to soak my gloves.

The jacket was soaked too, but I wasn't. I stayed completely dry. The hide felt as you might expect afterwards, until it dried out: fat and spongy and more conforming.

Now this morning everything's back to normal, but perhaps the sleeves are eversoslightly more creased.

Have you tried yours on the bike yet @Carlos840?

fa29e38a9a4ba37f12d399ff8a6fbb7e.jpg

ps: armour is in in this photo.

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
Here's a little update photo for you. I've now ridden a few times in this jacket, but the key occasion was yesterday riding in the rain. It wasn't raining heavily, but it was proper rain and for long enough to soak my gloves.

The jacket was soaked too, but I wasn't. I stayed completely dry. The hide felt as you might expect afterwards, until it dried out: fat and spongy and more conforming.

Now this morning everything's back to normal, but perhaps the sleeves are eversoslightly more creased.

Have you tried yours on the bike yet @Carlos840?

fa29e38a9a4ba37f12d399ff8a6fbb7e.jpg

ps: armour is in in this photo.

Looking good!
I have not been able to ride in mine yet.
I know it will be a good riding jacket though, i already have a Richa riding suit (2 piece) that i have used for years and it wears pretty much the same.

2wheelgrplr

A-List Customer
The jacket looks great on you. Congratulations on passing the test and welcome to the wonderful world of motorcycling! I have a Segura (French brand) leather Moto jacket that looks quite similar to this Richa brand, similar blue color too. Need to take proper pics.

barnabus

One Too Many
The jacket looks great on you. Congratulations on passing the test and welcome to the wonderful world of motorcycling! I have a Segura (French brand) leather Moto jacket that looks quite similar to this Richa brand, similar blue color too. Need to take proper pics.
Thanks man. I love riding: it's somehow both exciting and relaxing all at once.

barnabus

One Too Many
OK. I got soaked again riding in this. Like properly drenched. I poured literally an inch of water out of my boots into the sink at the end of my ride.

It took two full days in the airing cupboard to dry the jacket out, and now I think I need to give it a dousing with Renapur to bring it back to some semblance of hide life. Mind you, the grain is now utterly ridiculous.

I'll give you some pictures when I've got daylight.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
Careful with mold growing on the liner or on the suede side of the hide. Put it inside out and spray with vinegar and air it out or put in the sun for a while inside out until vinegar smell is gone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass