Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Richa Daytona - blue buffalo

barnabus

One Too Many
I threatened to do a thread on this jacket, so here it is. I've struggled over the last few months to find myself a decent blue leather m/c jacket - I've snared some crusty old ruins off ebay, and a gorgeous 70s Interstate Leathers jacket that's sadly too tight for me to wear.

As I'm learning to ride, ideally I wanted a jacket with provision for armour, but equally one that didn't overdo the look and kept it reasonably subtle and wearable. Once I stumbled on a special price for this jacket, my mind was made up.

It's a difficult colour to photograph accurately, at least it is using my knackered phone camera. So you'll see that most of the pictures look slightly different from each other. But nonetheless : it's a terrific dark, rich blue. The jacket itself is a simple cafe style, without much adornment beyond a neat little flash of white striping on the shoulder. There's quilt stitching on the shoulders too, and the elbows - but there's no padding there, because you've got the removabla armour of course. There's also a zip out thermal liner.

The jacket shipped with a full complement of armour included; shoulder, elbow and back protector.

I've been wearing it constantly since it arrived, albeit with the armour removed for daily wear. It's starting to show some creasing in the sleeves already, which to my eyes looks pretty cool. But I don't know how this will break in or show wear really, as the hide is buffalo, which I've no experience of.

Pictures :

8d1d3a1db6444391dec2a71f8e531885.jpg
71dfbb84f41a633781c679267e9d8d26.jpg

Last edited:

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
That's nice! My motorcyle two piece suit is made by Richa, they are a pretty common Belgian riding gear brand.
I don't think anything is made in Belgium, but their stuff is well made and the leather although not super interresting compared to CXL or Shinki (it has a super heavy top coat) is tough and waterproof.

dannyk

One Too Many
It is amazing what lighting and background can do for color. Looks different in almost all the shots you have. Which is also kind of neat though.

Colin G

One Too Many
I took my Mod 1 motorcycle test on Friday (passed!) but decided not to wear this on the day.

Congrats on passing the test.

I recall when I took mine, I did a bit of pretest recon. My test was not till the afternoon so I grabbed a nice coffee and drove my car down to the testing office in the AM and waited till testing started.

Here, they give you a radio and a guy in a car follows you, tells you what to do, where to go ect.

I wait till testing starts and I follow someone taking their test to see what route they will take. I follow them, check out the route then go home, climb on my motorcycle and drive the exact route, making note of one ways, bicycle lanes, pedestrian crossing ect.

That afternoon I get the same instructor and the very same route so I nail my test and almost get a perfect score.

Cograts and have fun and the most important thing is be safe.

red devil

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Congrats on passing mod 1! :)

Edit: In the UK, the test happens in 2 phases, first one is in an encosed environment to do the slow speed manoeuvres and 3 high speed ones. Then phase 2 which is being followed by the instructor on a motorbike or car and following instructions

sweetfights

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Still wearing this daily, but still not to actually ride in yet - I took my Mod 1 motorcycle test on Friday (passed!) but decided not to wear this on the day.

Nonetheless, break-in continues and the sleeve creasing is getting more pronounced:

6e551416134a7370adde8fd34d32a9eb.jpg

Congrats on the test!

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
I really like that color. Don't think I could pull this jacket off myself, but I dig it and am glad someone is rocking it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21