Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rings

dnjan

One Too Many
Marc Chevalier said:

Just two rings for me, both of them yellow gold: a wedding band and a signet ring.

Would you mind showing your signet ring?

I've been thinking along that direction, but need to see how it looks on some people before I spend the money.

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
dnjan said:
Would you mind showing your signet ring?

I would if I could, but my camera is on the mend. Below is a ring whose etchwork, color and shape are very similar to mine. (Of course, the crest itself is different.)

800px-Baronnet-signet-ring.jpg

pgoat

One Too Many
fiddletown said:
I'm partial to turquoise and have a number of rings. Here's one of my favorites.

fle_101009a_2.jpg
nice pen! Vintage Eversharp? New Montegrappa?

I'm not a ring person. I think many of them look nice on others but I have always found them uncomfortable. I also have a problem wearing my wedding ring on my left hand because I play music. I usually switched it to my right hand while playing, and when I saw that some European men wear their wedding bands on their right hand, I just said enough and leave it on my right ring finger. The wedding bands we got were too bulky so I wear a claddaugh ring my wife gave me when we first started dating.

Highlander

A-List Customer
OK, just wondering, I remember in the TV show, Dark Shadows, Baranabas Collins wore his black blood onyx ring on the index finger of his right hand (seen many times holding the wolf's head cane). Just wondering, is it really ever proper to wear a ring on that finger? And if so, what ring would you wear???
yhst-5672966975550_2084_47427627

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
Mens pinkie rings

L-R: 21k red gold 0.71ct emerald cut diamond, Platinum black diamond 1.3ct, 18k white gold 0.3ct diamond, 21k yellow gold crest ring, 18k pink gold with platinum crest

Jan2010013.jpg

lostinperiphery

Familiar Face
both my wife's engagement ring and my wedding band are mokume gane, a blend of silver, white gold, and platinum forged together into a multi layered billet, which is then crafted into the rings you see. The technique was once used on japanese katanas, and mokume gane literrally means 'woodgrain metal'

ring.jpg

3.jpg

emsgoof

New in Town
Only own a wedding band (platinum) that I don't wear (job risks - either getting caught, or getting nasty infectious "funk" under that can't be cleaned.)

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
Thought I'd rustle up this thread from the past with some fresh photographs!

I'm not a ring fellow, personally. Honestly, I'm not really a jewellery person at all. I have my pocket-watches, my watch-chain, watch-fob and four sets of cufflinks (none of them which are of any real beauty or significance).

However, earlier this year, I had a class-ring custom-made for me, for my graduation from university earning my Bachelor of Arts and I wear it occasionally...

ring3.jpg

Yesterday I got into a discussion about clothing and attire with my father (who has more jewellery than me, my brother and mother combined!) and he mentioned that he had a gold ring that was given to him several years ago, but which he never wore. Before he went to bed, he rustled it up and gave it to me!

goldring.jpg

The rings don't have any real sense of scale, but the class-ring is made of Celestrium (a special, hard-wearing steel alloy) and is made to fit my ring-finger. It has my university, name, graduation-year, degree and major (appropriately enough...'History'!) embossed or engraved on it.

The other ring is very small. It only fits on my pinkie-finger and I'm not a big person to begin with! It's 22kt gold and it's about 35 years old. The thing on the top is supposed to be a Chinese dragon, according to my dad, but I guess we'll have to use our imaginations with that. It was given to him by my late maternal grandmother on the occasion of my parents' marriage back in the 1970s.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner