Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RIP Mothers Cookies: 1914-2008

Imahomer

Practically Family
How sad that one more thing from my childhood has gone the way of the Dodo. I never did the taste test because I shoved them in my mouth so quick, I couldn't tell the difference between pink and white. :eusa_doh:

C.K.Farnsworth

One of the Regulars
Pink and white animals sighting in sherman oaks

I was looking for a coffee shop to kill some time before rehearsal and much to my chagrin I could not find one. So, I just pulled into a Rite Aid to get a snack and sit in my car for a while. Lo and behold I found 2 remaining bags of mothers pink and white animal cookies inside! They now reside with me and are awaiting the right occasion to be properly enjoyed. I am seeing a huge party where we get together with our pirates booty, perhaps if we could get media attention we could stimulate interest and someone might buy Mother's or the rights to produce the cookies... it could happen.

C.K.

MissJeanavive

One of the Regulars
Good News!

Good News! and the world gets a little sweeter for all and will be shared for generations to come.

Make it a mandate: Don't forget the little treats that have been with us forever; buy a bag a month; give it a way, share with a child, enjoy yourself as you think of the one's who shared them with you.

These are the things that make life good. We need something to make us feel good in these times.

pretty faythe

One Too Many
This thread should be named the resurrection of Mothers Cookies! My daughter told me last week that she saw them in Smiths, the iced animal cookies. Yum, so many favorites are back!

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
They are back and delicious!

Bought two chocolate and two English Tea cookies (my favorites).

Thanks GOD! Love those cookies! Yea Mother's!!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I just saw them at Safeway this week. I thought "Welcome back, old friends!" I resisted the urge to buy a bag of iced animal cookies since I know I'll eat myself sick on them since they've been gone since last Halloween.

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
My favorite childhood cookie, definitely, is the Circus Animals. So bad for you!

I always thought the white ones tasted better, but the pink ones made your tongue a nice gross color.

Glad they are returning!

JennyLou

Practically Family
Miss 1929 said:
My favorite childhood cookie, definitely, is the Circus Animals. So bad for you!

I always thought the white ones tasted better, but the pink ones made your tongue a nice gross color.

Glad they are returning!
I once mentioned to some friends that the white crackers tasted better but they looked at me like I was crazy. My whole family thinks the white crackers taste better. When there is a bag of Circus Animals in my house all the white crackers are eaten fast and the pink ones are always left there for a while until someone decides to eat them too.

Gutshot

One of the Regulars
I was so excited to see the circus animals back last week (or as we call them around here, "pink and white dotties") that I mowed my way through the better part of a bag by myself in an afternoon working. They're awesome, but I don't so much want them again for a while. That was a whole lot of sugar in one sitting ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo