Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RL Half Belt

Roma

A-List Customer
Too bad it's impossible to touch the hide but the look and fit is great. And there're a few details I'm a great fan of: the D ring closure and outer back seam (is that bi-swing, btw???). Nice score.

l0fielectronic

Practically Family
RL do do some nice vintage inspired pieces for sure, I'm not keen on their 'new' prices but there are bargains to be had out there on certain auction sites :) Nice jacket, fit looks spot on.

Edward

Bartender
Ok, so I know it's not a good idea to search eBay jackets when you've just got back from the pub, but I spotted this Ralph Lauren half belt at a very low 'buy it now' and before I knew what had happened I'd bought it. Although I've never been a fan of fashion leather, this had so much vintage half belt detail going for it, I though it was worth a punt. Jacket arrives today and, to honest, it's not bad at all. It's a grainy cowhide but it has some heft to it, it drapes well and feels very wearable. The stitching is looks neat, the zips are solid and the fit is pretty good. I see so many RL lamb skin windbreaker style jackets on eBay but I don't think I've ever seen a half belt like this. For a cheap knock around jacket, I think this might actually get some wear. Apologies for the iPhone photos.

Looks great - quite a score. RRL do nice stuff, if you can get it cheaper than the exorbitant retail!

That lining, btw, is MacBeth Ancient tartan - https://www.scotlandshop.com/tartan.aspx/MacBeth-Ancient-Tartan-13371

A particularly nice one, looks great with that hide.

technovox - the back pleat works a treat, like my Pioneer. The buttons on the cuff straps look vintage too, just nice details. "Where was it made"? I knew someone would ask that. I'm trying not to look at that label, it says China - might have cut it out. In my defence, I had know way of knowing that when pressed the BIN button, didn't even ask for the usual measurements. Got to say though, they've got this Californian pattern down to a tee :)

The Pioneer is definitely the design it reminds me of - that same sort of slightly longer, 1940s halfbelt. Lovely.

Best I've managed on tiddly-eBay was sixty quid's worth of vintage ties. Lovely ties, mind...

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Edward, the first thing that came to mind was the similarity between the OP's RL HB and my Pioneer. Honestly said, I think I prefer the left chest pocket on the RL arrangement over the angled front yoke on my Pioneer. There is a striking similarity between the backs of the RL and Pioneer, including the D-ring closure of the side straps.

Again, it's a really fantastic jacket, and the fit is spot on. And I love that collar. Did you shape it? Leather looks fantastic. And please don't remove the Made in China label. If it makes just one hater to shuddup about the inferiority of the jackets that are made in China, it's worth it.

Man, I wish I had a HB that's nearly as good as that.

Oh, wait... XD

Cooperson

One Too Many
BobJ, ProteinNerd, LOfielectronic, pauleway - Thank you chaps.

Roma - this is a centre pleated back, others will correct me if I'm wrong but I understood the bi-swing is the type you see on the Aero long half belt or teamster?

Edward - I've no idea what the full retail would've been on this jacket, can't find any reference to it anywhere, but yes exorbitant I'm sure. Good spotting on the lining btw, I wondered which one it was. Looking at the pattern again, it does resemble the Pioneer apart from the cuff straps.

Monitor - I wet and shape all my jacket collars when I get them, can't stop myself :) I'll leave the Made in China label then, there's no doubt these boys can build a jacket, if they ever got their hands on some Shinki hides I think they could do something very special.

bn1966

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I nearly purchased an Indian LML scooter once (ended up with a nice Italian one that better met the brief). Lots of these LML owners take the Indian badges off in the hope that someone will think it's an Italian Vespa :)

They are a nice Indian scooter the LML, If I'd purchased one I'd have left the LML badge on.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
bn1966 it would almost be a sacrilege to buy a scooter not made in Italy unless maybe a Honda. :D

Cooperson

One Too Many
I'm a collar man myself, if they're not right it drives me crazy. Been asked if I have any better photos, took a few today in better light. Don't know what breed these Chinese cows are, but they've got some grain going on:

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

bn1966

My Mail is Forwarded Here
bn1966 it would almost be a sacrilege to buy a scooter not made in Italy unless maybe a Honda. :D

Ha..ha..I've just purchased a Yamaha Scooter & a right hooligan it is too :)

My Custom/tuned Vespa is still happily lording it over the shed though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou