Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RL Half Belt

Cooperson

One Too Many
Ok, so I know it's not a good idea to search eBay jackets when you've just got back from the pub, but I spotted this Ralph Lauren half belt at a very low 'buy it now' and before I knew what had happened I'd bought it. Although I've never been a fan of fashion leather, this had so much vintage half belt detail going for it, I though it was worth a punt. Jacket arrives today and, to honest, it's not bad at all. It's a grainy cowhide but it has some heft to it, it drapes well and feels very wearable. The stitching is looks neat, the zips are solid and the fit is pretty good. I see so many RL lamb skin windbreaker style jackets on eBay but I don't think I've ever seen a half belt like this. For a cheap knock around jacket, I think this might actually get some wear. Apologies for the iPhone photos.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Cooperson

One Too Many
Cheers thor, like I said I would never normally look at fashion jackets but this one isn't half bad - good enough for gardening in :)

sweetfights

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I live in Canada. The 4 oz chrome HH is a little too heavy in the Summer. A man needs a few lighter "fashion" jackets if he can stomach it; just for the warm months.

AdeeC

Practically Family
Great jacket. RL for a fashion brand are great supporters of vintage style and design. Dinerman might elaborate more. I would happily own this example.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Looks good to me, definitely more pizazz than Gustin's latest offering at $500 to $700. I am a big fan of brass D rings for HB strap closure.

technovox

One Too Many
Looks great! Can't argue with success...especially when BUI (bidding under the influence.)
I'm especially liking the simple collar, and the reverse pleat back.
Just curious- where was it made?

Cooperson

One Too Many
Sloan1874, Superfluous, HD, ton312, Monitor, pawinguy - Thank you gentlemen. I've had more than my share of eBay disappointments, especially vintage half belts, this will probably be a keeper.

technovox - the back pleat works a treat, like my Pioneer. The buttons on the cuff straps look vintage too, just nice details. "Where was it made"? I knew someone would ask that. I'm trying not to look at that label, it says China - might have cut it out. In my defence, I had know way of knowing that when pressed the BIN button, didn't even ask for the usual measurements. Got to say though, they've got this Californian pattern down to a tee :)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic