Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ROAD TO PERDITION-Tom Hanks Signed Fedora! WOW!

Kentucky Blues

A-List Customer
Great Conversation starter? "Hey, cool...where'd you get that hat signed by Tom Hanks?" "Oh, yes, the autographed Road to Perdition hat. I got it on ebay for $830." "Cool...so how've you been?" LOL

Still very cool though :D

Canadave

One Too Many
I emailed, asking about the size (just out of interest) and this is the response I got;

"There is not a standard size tag (ex. 6 5/8) on the inside band. We did a rough measurement and the circumference is between 21-23". We do not know how that translates into hat size."

What did they use to measure it...a straight wooden ruler?:rolleyes:

David

Kilgour Trout

One of the Regulars
Dave Brown the Hatter?

Hey! What do we know about Dave Brown the Hatter from Rochester NY? I thought Optimo did all the hats for Road to Perdition. Anyone have any dealings with him? I love the look of of Hanks in that flic especially that hat..and the coat.

Regards
Kilgour Trout

SHARPETOYS

Call Me a Cab
Dave Brown the Hatter from Rochester

I emailed him 4 or 5 times and he never answered me so i gave up. I guess he was to busy making hats for movie stars. I also called but he never called me back. I stick with Optimo now. So i'm glad he never got back to me. I love those Optimo fedoras.

Rundquist

A-List Customer
Re: Dave Brown the Hatter?

Originally posted by Kilgour Trout
Hey! What do we know about Dave Brown the Hatter from Rochester NY? I thought Optimo did all the hats for Road to Perdition. Anyone have any dealings with him? I love the look of of Hanks in that flic especially that hat..and the coat.

Regards
Kilgour Trout

Optimo did something like 80 hats for the movie. They did not do Tom Hanks' hat. Tom has had an ongoing relationship with Dave Brown for years. Optimo has never claimed to have done Tom's hat. They did do the lion's share of hats for the movie though. Cheers

Kilgour Trout

One of the Regulars
Much Appreciated

Thanks Rundquist: I had only heard a little about the suppliers of the hats for RTP. It never ceases to amaze what details our members have in their noggins. Mind you... What is disappointing is that after looking up Dave Brown, I thought they might list some unique things (Movie replicas or era correct hats). Nope..Oh, Well....

Warm Regards
Kilgour Trout

Kilgour Trout

One of the Regulars
Skeptical are we? Hmmm....

Canadave...Be Proud!!!Your skepticism indicates your true Canadian heritage or could it just be this blasted Canadian Federal Election making us doubt everything we read eh? Hang in there buddy...ONLY 32 days till its Over!!!LOL

Warm Regards
From the Great white North
Kilgour Trout

BTW...Looks like I'm coming down to TO again in September. Perhaps a chance to share some moose meat and Alexander Keiths!:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters