Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rock a black blazer casually

Edward

Bartender
Ditto on the 'don't wear jeans with a blazer'.

I've got a question: Black corduroy sport coat + corn coloured corduroy trousers. Acceptable? Or just too much corduroy? :rolleyes:

I go with those who suggest corduroy works better with a different fabric. I quite like a corduroy suit, but I wouldn't mix corduroys in different colours.

Back to the original post - I thought about it, and my best advice is this: get a blue blazer.

Blue Blazer would be more flexible in terms of what it can be worn with - greys or earthtones, brown or black shoes, and so on.

I always go for high contrast with black odd jackets. Light blue/brown/grey/tan trousers and hat to co-ordinate. Rich brown leather wholecut shoes. A white shirt open-necked, sports shirt preferred, collar over lapels.

bk

Agreed on high contrast.... I'm more reluctant to mix brown and black myself, but some do work it, yourself included.

Ooh, or forget casual entirely and rock a stroller. Nothing rocks quite like a stroller.

Take Sproily, for example.
lassi5.jpg

I would give my eye teeth for that outfit in Marlowe-size.

Looks like the original poster has taken all your feedback and done a runner, putting it to good effect wooing the ladies. :eek:

For what it's worth, I very much like this look sported by japanese designer Koji Norihide (originally posted by Herringbone kid in the Fair Isle sweater thread).

sartHaverSack.jpg

He's actually wearing a navy jacket, but I think that black would work just as well. I like how the olive green trousers take the dandyism down just a notch, making the whole outfit earthy as well as sharp.

Agreed. Looks sort o like he's pitching a new look for Doctor Who (well within the spirit of the Doctor's wardrobe, with particular nod to Sylvester Macoy, the seventh Doctor).

i like that look too above (i would). the olive green trousers could be substituted for khaki or off white for a less unorthodox / more trad look.

Yes indeed.

Corduroy trousers with a satin or gabardine silk jacket … nice contrast in materials.

I like mine with tweeds. My favourite corduroys are ruby red, though it pays with those to be careful with the other details. They look great with a green tweed jacket; were I to add a yellow tattersall waistcoat to the mix, I'd be needing clown shoes...

Ok, if my first suggestion of "rocking" a jacket was a bit extreme...

Here is a blazer which one might say "rocks".
il_fullxfull.345564525.jpg

That's very..... David Beckham [/withering tone].

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran