Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Role Club Horsehide Engineer Boots US10

bretron

Call Me a Cab
Opting to part with these recently acquired Role Clubs in brown HH. They're amazing boots, but I had the chance to pick up a pair of early run Road Champs, and the simple fact is I don't need two pairs of brown soft toe engineer boots in my collection. And as you might guess, the Road Champs are the winning boot for me. But it's totally and completely an issue of fit and not construction, aesthetics etc. In short, the Road Champs just fit a ton better. So here we go...

Boots stamped sz 10 1/2, but the box is marked 10, and I'd say these fit more like a 10 or even a big 9 1/2. They have a lowered heel stack, brass roller buckles, etc.

Priced $600/shipped CONUS plus PayPal fees (if any). I'll ship international via EMS for an additional $85 (if the cost ends up less than that I'll refund the difference)

Three "issues" of note:
1. There were these crazy thick foam heel pads in place and it was driving me nuts so I took a queue from Smoothsailor and ripped em out. I planned to have new flat leather heel pads added, but will leave that up to the new owner. In the meantime, Krazy Glued Spenco half insoles are in their place. These can easily be removed (I applied only a few small dabs).
2. There is a busted stitch along the inner shaft of one of the boots (see pics). They're quad stitched and there's zero chance it's a serious issue, but it's there so I am mentioning it. You can take it up with a cobbler or Brian if you disagree.
3. There's a bit of separation where the heels meet the midsole. I am no expert, but I'd venture to say it is something that could be easily remedied by a cobbler with some glue.

So that's it. Now for some pics

F293956A-4C5B-49AA-9E7E-22B622A5009C.jpg

4EF91019-065D-4BF7-A6D0-5DD519369BF8.jpg

76043EC2-431A-4FCE-A9FF-87FF8172390A.jpg

A4D30A2A-9F74-4BA7-A2CD-6A94C23CC418.jpg

8B62782A-630E-4EC8-940A-DEE7C5A116EE.jpg

Frenchcancan

One of the Regulars
The most perfect engineer boots on earth. I have a pair of custom made by Brian the boot maker as well, before he call them role club

bretron

Call Me a Cab
Can't believe they are still here

Sorry mate. Never bothered to reply to your or Monitor's last posts. The boots are gone (aka "gonzo" :))

Happy to report they went to a fellow lounger. They were indeed great boots. The fit just wasn't working for me when compared to my other engineers. (I tend to have little patience with fit on footwear; if it doesn't fit nicely right out of the gate, I'm likely going to never wear them)

jdiddy

A-List Customer
Yes , and I am happy to report that the boots fit my foot real well and are killer!!! a great addition to my engineer collection

Bretron.... You rock, thanks for a easy and smooth transaction. Fast shipping and item was as described!

Thanks fedora lounge

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21