Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rolling stones 50th anniversary tour

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
The Stones are one of the most important and influential bands ever. It's difficult to understand their impact without living through it because so much changed in their wake. They provided a soundtrack for their generation and many of their songs are nothing less than iconic, and that is not overstating it. Like them or not, one should understand the cultural relevance and impact of "Gimme Shelter," "Paint it Black," "Satisfaction..." I could go on.

For me, personally. I was a fan of the Brian Jones era.

I'm also glad that they're still out there. At the end of the day, a band is a bunch of guys who enjoy playing together and if they still want to do it, then God bless them. Although it reminds me of how old I am getting.

I suppose you could contrast them with Led Zeppelin who have said that they will never reform again, ever. We'll see...

nice hat dude!

One Too Many
The Stones are one of the most important and influential bands ever. It's difficult to understand their impact without living through it because so much changed in their wake. They provided a soundtrack for their generation and many of their songs are nothing less than iconic, and that is not overstating it. Like them or not, one should understand the cultural relevance and impact of "Gimme Shelter," "Paint it Black," "Satisfaction..." I could go on.

I'm also glad that they're still out there. At the end of the day, a band is a bunch of guys who enjoy playing together and if they still want to do it, then God bless them. Although it reminds me of how old I am getting.

I suppose you could contrast them with Led Zeppelin who have said that they will never reform again, ever. We'll see...

Yea there's a lot of talk about Zeppelin doing a tour?Now that'd be a hard ticket to get.

Aerojoe

Practically Family

Actually, in the early days, the guy with all the spotlight on was Brian Jones. Nobody knew Keith Richards.

However, I think the best thing that happened to the Stones was kicking out Jones
and bringing in Mick Taylor :) This and that Keith Richards had all his Gibson guitars stolen while recording Exile on main street in France. Otherwise, he would have never started to play a Telecaster - Micawber.

The drummer's death was a hit. Without Bonham, Led Zeppelin is something weird.

I hear the concert in New Jersey go from appx $300 to $3000 if you could even get one??

Same in Europe. I like the Stones but I'm not willing to drop €1000 on a ticket unless it's a trip to Bahamas.

nice hat dude!

One Too Many
Actually, in the early days, the guy with all the spotlight on was Brian Jones. Nobody knew Keith Richards.

However, I think the best thing that happened to the Stones was kicking out Jones
and bringing in Mick Taylor :) This and that Keith Richards had all his Gibson guitars stolen while recording Exile on main street in France. Otherwise, he would have never started to play a Telecaster - Micawber.

The drummer's death was a hit. Without Bonham, Led Zeppelin is something weird.

Same in Europe. I like the Stones but I'm not willing to drop €1000 on a ticket unless it's a trip to Bahamas.
I heard a rumor that Bonham's son was supposedly going to play with them?Probably just a rumor.It must be a rock band thing to have your guitars stolen didn't Brian May of Queen fame have a similar thing happen?

Last edited:

Aerojoe

Practically Family
I heard a rumor that Bonham's son was supposedly going to play with them?Probably just a rumor.

I don't know but it wouldn't be the same. The band never worked well again without Bonham.

It must be a rock band thing to have your guitars stolen didn't Brian May of Queen fame have a similar thing happen?

I'm not a big fan of Queen but having bands' guitars stolen is a classic. Status Quo's Telecasters have a hole in the body to pass a chain through them and look them all up with padlocks. Slash first Les Paul was stolen in the middle of a concert. He jumped over the audience and a guy grabbed the guitar and run. Fortunately he was stopped by some security guards before he could leave the building. You may not like Guns but this guitar itself is some kind of holy grail of rock.

I'm a classic rock fanatic btw :p Not only do I like Beatles and Stones, I like bands like Traffic, Ten Years After, Zombies, The Doors, Kinks, Velvet Underground, Free, Bad Company and so on... :)

nice hat dude!

One Too Many
I don't know but it wouldn't be the same. The band never worked well again without Bonham.

I'm not a big fan of Queen but having bands' guitars stolen is a classic. Status Quo's Telecasters have a hole in the body to pass a chain through them and look them all up with padlocks. Slash first Les Paul was stolen in the middle of a concert. He jumped over the audience and a guy grabbed the guitar and run. Fortunately he was stopped by some security guards before he could leave the building. You may not like Guns but this guitar itself is some kind of holy grail of rock.

I'm a classic rock fanatic btw :p Not only do I like Beatles and Stones, I like bands like Traffic, Ten Years After, Zombies, The Doors, Kinks, Velvet Underground, Free, Bad Company and so on... :)

Slash's Gold Top yea it's right up their with B.B.King's "Lucille" being old myself I'm pretty much a pre 80s type.How many times you been to a party with some of the younger set,all listening to whatever then someone puts on some "Doors" and they all tell you wow that's "the bomb" if they think that about stuff that was old when I grew up makes me think the stuff they listen to doesn't have much of a lifespan only my opinion.The Who still kept going after Keith Moon? could be hope!

Aerojoe

Practically Family
Slash's Gold Top yea it's right up their with B.B.King's "Lucille" being old myself I'm pretty much a pre 80s type.

Well, in my case, when I was kid everybody was listening to Nirvana and all the post-grunge stuff. What I liked then was The Doors and 1960s and 1970s bands.

The Who still kept going after Keith Moon? could be hope!

That guy died in the same apartment Mama Cass did :) He left Pete Townshead half deaf after blowing part of his drum set with some explosives. Poor bxxxxrd.

Last edited:

nice hat dude!

One Too Many
Well, in my case, when I was kid everybody was listening to Nirvana and all the post-grunge stuff. What I liked then was The Doors and 1960s and 1970s bands.

That guy died in the same apartment Mama Cass did :) He left Pete Townshead half deaf after blowing part of his drum set with some explosives. Poor bxxxxrd.

Just by telling me that you were a kid when Nirvana came out makes me want to go take some "Geritol" never cared for Kurt Cobain's stuff to each there own, and I won't even mention Courtney Love.

Aerojoe

Practically Family
never cared for Kurt Cobain's stuff to each there own, and I won't even mention Courtney Love.

Right now Nirvana is classic rock too :D I wish I lived the 1960s decade. I'd die for going to the Whiskey a go go in LA or the Marquee in London. You had Mr Slowhand changing the strings live there while everybody clapping. :eek: Rock is death nowadays.

There was a guy at the Whiskey, Johnny Rivers, playing a Gibson Es. He recorded some albums live there;

[video=youtube;7acgAvV-CNQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7acgAvV-CNQ[/video]

This is music :)

Last edited:

nice hat dude!

One Too Many
Right now Nirvana is classic rock too :D I wish I lived the 1960s decade. I'd die for going to the Whiskey a go go in LA or the Marquee in London. You had Mr Slowhand changing the strings live there while everybody clapping. :eek: Rock is death nowadays.

There was a guy at the Whiskey, Johnny Rivers, playing a Gibson Es. He recorded some albums live there;

This is music :)

OK if Nirvana is classic rock then I'll reiterate,I like antique rock(haha)

Aerojoe

Practically Family
OK if Nirvana is classic rock then I'll reiterate,I like antique rock(haha)

You know, Nirvana, despite all the unjustified buzz, had some kind of interesting psychedelic point. This song is built on the mixolydian mode;

[video=youtube;0LFVQpDKHk4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LFVQpDKHk4[/video]

same as Beatles "Tomorrow never knows";

[video=youtube;tisjsgsgtZU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tisjsgsgtZU[/video]

However when it comes to listen psychedelic music, Jefferson Airplane was amazing;

[video=youtube;WANNqr-vcx0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WANNqr-vcx0[/video]

and the Velvet Undergorund;

[video=youtube;AwzaifhSw2c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwzaifhSw2c[/video]

nice hat dude!

One Too Many
Just figure I'd send a pic off a T-shirt I bought off my grandson for $5.00,his uncle wasn't very impressed as it cost him $25.00,I just told the stepson that I gotta a better deal.(haha)
other.jpg

nice hat dude!

One Too Many
You know, Nirvana, despite all the unjustified buzz, had some kind of interesting psychedelic point. This song is built on the mixolydian mode;

What no Iron Butterfly "Inna Gadda Vida" that's an "Acid Rock" must have,loosely translated as meaning In The Garden Of Life,in case you really wanted to know(probably not)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot