Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Royal Stetson #3926 inside sweatband. Is that a model number?

gward

New in Town
My aunt gave me her late husbands brand new black Royal Stetson hat. I know nothing about hats and was hoping to gain some insight here. Thank you in advance. Gary. I can email pics until I figure out how to post them or a link here.

RBH

Bartender
Welcome to the Lounge Gward.
If you would take a little time to look around most answers are already here.
The stickys have a thread on how to post photos and we have a great thread on how to find things here.
Again WELCOME!

gward

New in Town
Based on the size tag it appears to be 60's vintage

When I search the number 3926, I get no results. I did figure out it's a fedora made of black felt.

DougC

Practically Family
Hey Gward--Welcome to the Lounge! I might have read this differently, but, RBH might have been addressing how to post a picture. the Royal Stetson is a level of felt. The number could be a stock number or style number. Check out the sticky on how to post picture and post one up and you'll get some help.

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
Could be the block Number. Is this number on a tag with a read border. It genreally states what block and size the felt was done on so someone could reorder the same hat.

DougC

Practically Family
Dang it! I have several hand written numbers and a price tag in an OR 3x ($15.95--seems about right), but, no stickers. The one hat that had a sticker has a new sweat band and I didn't keep the old band...so, back to the original post...

gward

New in Town
Thanks for the info. all

The 3926 number is handwritten on the backside of the sweat band. There is also a stamp of a shield or something similar with "Bc".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DavidZL