Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bradley Cooper’s leather jacket in the movie ‘Burnt’

I have almost bought the current version of this pattern by Brooks which is almost the same. Also the Vanson Mohawk uses this pattern too. But both of these alternatives use a much thicker, probably better leather so it kind of looses the charm of the original thin and expressive steerhide for me.

Oh, right! It could be Vanson, too! XD

Maybe it's a REED...
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-RE...093086?hash=item41fd82f81e:g:zywAAOSw5P1cksEA
Screen Shot 2020-08-17 at 5.15.22 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-08-17 at 5.15.39 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-08-17 at 5.17.43 PM.png

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
I thought it might be a Reed too but the collar on Cooper's jacket looks to be a classic, symmetrical, 2 snaps each side, Brooks. Pity we can't see the snaps close up. Although not all fo them had 'Brooks" stamped into them. They also did a geometric pattern version.

Peacoat

Bartender
I have a question about boots (I know this isn't the correct thread, but this forum doesn't seem to have a comparable thread)

Has anyone heard of rubberised leather boots? I saw a nice pair of Grensons (made in England), which are made from rubberised leather. Supposedly it makes it more waterproof, but I'm not sure, will this actually age well? View attachment 491244
Boots generally are discussed under General Attire. Which is where I am moving this one.

newtojackets

Practically Family
I have a question about boots.

Has anyone heard of rubberised leather boots? I saw a nice pair of Grensons (made in England), which are made from rubberised leather. Supposedly it makes it more waterproof, but I'm not sure, will this actually age well?

Screenshot 2023-02-20 183502.png

Harris HTM

One Too Many
I assume that rubberised leather is synthetic? I have come across some pu-leather Dr. Martens that were horrible as they aged. Maybe the rubberised version is different.
The "leather" itself will probably be waterproof though I guess water can enter through the welts.

newtojackets

Practically Family
I assume that rubberised leather is synthetic? I have come across some pu-leather Dr. Martens that were horrible as they aged. Maybe the rubberised version is different.
The "leather" itself will probably be waterproof though I guess water can enter through the welts.
I don’t think so, as the website listed the upper material as leather. It’s also from Grenson so don’t think they’d be super cheap like Docs, but I could see them being worse than regular leather

Jasonissm

Practically Family
Regular leather is already plenty water resistant, in terms of water entering inside the boot, so unless you're in really extended periods in deep water, I don't really see the use for these.

Maybe it's similar to the Nick's WaterWork boots that have silicone impregnated leather: https://nicksboots.com/waterwork-classic-configuration/

These are designed for extended work days in deep water, not necessary at all for any sort of casual use.

On second inspection, the rubberised leather looks a lot more flat, and perhaps it's a thick topcoat of rubber/plastic or similar which will not age well at all in my opinion, the topcoat will flake and crumble.

Last edited:

AdamJones777

New in Town
I know this is an old post, but I've been looking for a jacket like the one in Burnt. So, two things:

1) I spoke to some of the people who actually worked on the film (!). They couldn't remember the exact type of jacket, but they think it's one of these two:

https://www.grailed.com/listings/18...own-cafe-racer-steerhide-leather-jacket-biker

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/14440509...ekjpqSD8IxLdtgUM4S4ACwWR0QCMOTlhoCq3IQAvD_BwE

2) I'd love to say I can afford any of these jackets, but I can't! So, I'm hoping some of you fine people can possibly recommend a cheaper alternative that looks fairly similar?

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
^^
You cannot find a Buco cheap, but Kehoe, sure. @handymike will sell you a very rare one in green. Also some pop up on ebay. $150-200 is realistic for a run of the mill Kehoe.

AdamJones777

New in Town
I'm looking for a leather biker jacket like the one Bradley Cooper wears in the film Burnt.

I think I know the brand of the actual jacket (it's either a Buco or a Kehoe) but I can't afford either, so I'm looking for a cheaper alternative that looks as close to Cooper's as possible.

Can anyone recommend something that looks like the one in the pictures?

Screenshot 2023-04-13 at 02.29.15.png
Screenshot 2023-04-13 at 02.29.34.png
Screenshot 2023-04-13 at 02.31.26.png

AdamJones777

New in Town
Cheers, Will. I'm afraid I'm only interested in a black one (sorry - should have said that), but I appreciate the shout!

TheOldFashioned

Call Me a Cab
Buco and Kehoe aren't in the same price bracket. That Grailed listing was crazy money for a Kehoe, and I say that owning two (black and brown). As Will mentioned, Kehoe can be found pretty reasonably on eBay. Not as common as say Brooks, but they're out there.

What size are you looking for?

AdamJones777

New in Town
Well, I guess I could use some pointers on that, too. Is it as simple as getting the same size as I wear in a shirt? Or is there some leather jacket size thing where you get a size up or down so it fits better? I'm probably a 39 chest.

TheOldFashioned

Call Me a Cab
When looking at jackets I typically like to know chest (pit-to-pit or P2P), shoulder, body length (from base of collar to hem), and sleeve length (straight or curved):
FullSizeRender.jpg

There are several other dimensions that can be taken, but these are probably the core four that will get you close enough to a (very) good fit. That being said, fit is a personal preference. I'm a slim guy and like a tigher fit, especially on a cafe racer style jacket like this. The numbers Will gave you are pretty standard for 38/40. Some vintage 38s might have a P2P closer to 20.

Here's my black Kehoe, courtesy of a fellow Lounger. It's definitely a T-shirt only snug fit:
IMG_20200530_201211940_HDR.jpg

Last edited:

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
When looking at jackets I typically like to know chest (pit-to-pit or P2P), shoulder, body length (from base of collar to hem), and sleeve length (straight or curved):
View attachment 507205

There are several other dimensions that can be taken, but these are probably the core four that will get you close enough to a (very) good fit. That being said, fit is a personal preference. I'm a slim guy and like a tigher fit, especially on a cafe racer style jacket like this. The numbers Will gave you are pretty standard for 38/40. Some vintage 38s might have a P2P closer to 20.

Here's my black Kehoe, courtesy of a fellow Lounger. It's definitely a T-shirt only snug fit:
View attachment 507217
That is am awesome racer fit. Your ribcage is visible, and yet it is not s sausage look. A perfect cafe racer look.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21