Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rue's Movie Picks

Old Rogue

Practically Family
The Bad Sister (1931) with Conrad Nagel, Sidney Fox, Bette Davis and Humphrey Bogart. Cute movie, but mostly interesting to see Bogart so young!

I agree. Somehow a young Bogie just doesn't seem to have the edginess that made his later characters so interesting. But still a gem for an old died-in-the-wool (or maybe that should be felt :) ) Bogart fan like me.

Tommy

One of the Regulars
Harvey (1950) with James Stewart. It took me a while to watch this movie because I didn't think I'd like it. I should have known better :)

well that is wild, I watched Harvey today as well for the first time, and I held my doubts about for some time, and I should have known better, what are the odds of that?

rue

Here's something a little different:

Two made for TV movies in one: The Blessed Midnight and The Gift I thought they were both really sweet :)

From the YT uploader:

Originally produced as televised dramas in the 1950s, these two seasonal classics are presented together for adults and kids alike to enjoy during the holiday season. In "The Blessed Midnight," a boy (Danny Richards Jr.) steals a cake as a Christmas gift for his aunt (Virginia Gregg). In "The Gift," Carl Baxter (Charles Boyer) learns how to embrace the holiday by witnessing the actions of his wife (Maureen O'Sullivan).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner