Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rue's Movie Picks

Sam Craig

One Too Many
Oh god, one of my favourite holiday movies of all time. Have had it taped (VHS) off TV from so many years ago that I can no longer remember how long I've been watching this little gem of a film...

I LOVE We're NO Angels

One of the top 10 all time Cmas fliks!

Don't you just love Aldo Ray's voice?

"You scare me," he said ... and when Bogart says they'll take what they want and if the family gets in the way they'd just slit their throats ... right after they finish doing the dishes!

What a fun movie!

Sam

Aristaeus

A-List Customer
Charlie Chan in Egypt. 1935
With Warner Oland.

Charlie Chan's international travels take him to an archeological dig in Egypt in this episode. During the unearthing of an ancient pyramid, an archeologist disappears, eventually turning up dead. The mystery in this one is particularly good, although the identity of the killer seems slightly arbitrary. The sinister plot is complex and full of exciting twists. Rita Hayworth in an early role for her is the guest star of note in this Chan entry; she's billed as Rita Cansino

[video=youtube;ABVNlhmrf1Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABVNlhmrf1Q[/video]

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
I found this 1992 Mamet piece on the Tube. It originally aired on TNT but for some reason was never aired again and never made it to VHS/DVD. Odd......

[video=youtube;TLhaol2j9Uk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLhaol2j9Uk[/video]

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
Finally had time to sit down and watch a movie.....

The Web (1947) with Ella Raines, Edmond O'Brien, William Bendix and Vincent Price. Great dialogue in this one.

Ella Raines is so beautiful, isn't she? I've only seen her in Phantom Lady (1944) - I've gotta catch The Web.

Good luck with the move Rue :) Just think about watching movies in your new house once its set up!

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Take all the time you need time, Sweetie....moving's a bear.....and ignore those rumors about me interviewing your replacement .....;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Espasoner