Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rum and Coke Question

Geesie

Practically Family
I always use Coca-Cola. Nothing else tastes right to me.

If I'm going the "with lime" cuba libre route, I use Bacardi.

If I'm putting spiced rum in coke, it's all about Sailor Jerry's. After trying that, there's just no going back to Captain Morgan.

Phil

A-List Customer
Capitan Morgan

Private Stock

Great stuff and in a bottle that makes you feel like a capitan. So good, when the bottle's gone, you'll be asking, "Why's the rum gone?"

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Havanna Club & Coke.

Paddy's Cocktail Lounge - ENJOY!!

PADDY said:
WELCOME to Paddy's Cocktail Lounge.

You will need:

50ml dark rum
Coca Cola
1 whole lime
Glass and Ice
High ball glass
Stirring stick

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qCoEO9b9J9k&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qCoEO9b9J9k&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Cigarband said:
The Bartender at my favorite Tavern told me that Captain Morgan is column distilled neutral spirits with coloring and flavoring added. Not real rum.:eek:
Balderdash.

Phineas Lamour

Practically Family
Like a lot of others here, I think Captain Morgan original spiced rum is the best rum with Coke or without. I really like it with RC too. Lately I've been diluting my Coke with Romate brandy.

Mcfly

New in Town
The best rum for a good old rum and coke is Sailor Jerry, or at least in my opinion. I've tried it all, I'm a bit of a rum aficionado and Sailor Jerry can't be beat when mixed with a classic coke.

I must also say, the rum on its own can be amazing, if you find good stuff. Its a little tougher to find, but on a budget, my favorites are Pyrat XO reserve and Cruzan Estate Rum.

Story

I'll Lock Up
Rum. Cranberry juice. Ginger.

Ingredients

* 1/2 cup white rum
* ginger
* 2 cups cranberry juice

Directions

1. Pour white rum into pitcher.

2. Add a thin slice of peeled ginger. Using handle of a wooden spoon, crush ginger to release juices.

3. Stir in 2 cups cold cranberry juice.

4. Serve in martini glasses.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner