Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Run Away from this HAT FORM

Tony in Tarzana

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Must have been for a movie that called for dozens of horrid hats, all looking the same.

When I saw the picture on eBay, I thought at first that someone was auctioning off the famous duct tape fedora. lol

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Easy Peasy

See, when I was a kid, we was poor.

Every year for Haloween, I was a "Hobo." because that's what mom could whip up. Old raggedy clothes and a bettered hat - the hat being the only piece of "bought" costume, recycled every year. It was plastic and obviously made on that form. ;)

WideBrimm

A-List Customer
My Two Cents Worth

Hi all. I've been lurking for months. Figured I'd join so I could add my two cents worth from time to time.

Obviously it's a casting made from an old hat. My guess is that HST stands for President Harry S Truman. Pres Truman was a fisherman. As President didn't he go fishing in Key West, Florida? Probably would make a pretty good hat block to duplicate HST's fishing hat!

Prairie Shade

A-List Customer
Nuevo Old?

Hey, I want one like that! They sand down jeans to look "aged", why not a hat. Could be the next thing. I kinda voting for the "costume" reply however. For a day on the stream, cold beer, tackle box, why not!!

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
I saw that too.

Looks like a part of some sort of machine that met with an unfortunate accident, but turned out to be roughly hat shaped. [huh]
Or maybe Widebrimm has the answer. ;)

The seller's name says a lot,...Dr. Strangegoods lol

PutALidOnIt

One of the Regulars
Bid it up, Guys!!!

Ha, shows what you guys know!

It's a one of a kind, 60 year old Treasure of the Sierra Madre block that Bogie later used as an ashtray during the filming of Key Largo!

Was found in box of stuff at Robert Blake's yard sale! I bet it even includes a Certificate of Authenticity signed by Bobby himself! The perfect block for that treasure hunting beater and hurricane brisa... lol :D :p lol :D lol :D

Viola

Call Me a Cab
I like that, it has a certain style, a certain presence, and shame on you all for not recognizing a classic master of fashion's siginature look:

Buddy_Ebsen_as_Jed_Clampett.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael