Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rundown of 30's & 40's Shoes

MissTayva

Ladies shoes of the 1940's From the same

Thank you SO MUCH for that link!
I was looking for it the other day and couldn't find it!
I first saw it YEARS ago... and lost the bookmark since then!

I got a kick out of seeing these on the site:
40wood.jpg

I have a pretty decent collection of those... Surprisingly, I paid next to nothing for them. The most expensive pair I have was $25. :)

Vanessa

One Too Many
As long as we're talking shoes - I was wondering if I could get your (collective) opinions on some shoes. Thanks!

3c_1_b.jpg

f1_1_b.jpg

1c980797.jpg

decodoll

Practically Family
Lauren Henline said:
I'm right with you on that! I wear about the same size, and I'm narrow, so getting vintage is a much better bet for me as well. Do you shop on Ebay, and if so what is your user ID? That way I'll make sure I'm not bidding against you for shoes!

My ebay username is retrokitten. You'll have to tell me yours too, so that I don't bid against you. :) Although, I haven't been bidding very much on shoes lately anyway.... I'm running out of places to put them. :(

decodoll

Practically Family
elsewhere said:
Decodoll-- you are a vintage buyer I could love. Do you know how many of your size shoes I find but pass up? I'm sure the end up in landfills, too... but so few people WEAR your size that I just can't buy all the ones I see!
Tell me what sort you like and I'll make a point to pick them up for you, if you are in the market for more.
Now give me a good 9.5 M and I'm set to go!

Thanks elsewhere. As I said to Lauren, I'm trying to cut back due to storage issues, but if you come across anything extra wonderful, please let me know. :)

decodoll

Practically Family
:) And you don't even know how may things I've passed up bidding on because I saw your username...well, now that I know it. :) Still sorry about sniping you on that dress! We seem to be pretty much the same size and have the same taste!

maisie

Practically Family
Hi

I love the 30's & 40's shoes, I think they make they whole outfit!!!
I'm also a size 9.5, but have a narrow foot, got shoes that have AAAA inside them! I've been lucky as i've managed to get quite a few pairs of interesting platforms, Navy, Purple, White mesh, Black w/studs!! :) And the good old lace up comfy shoes and wedges! :) So the larger sizes are out there!! I'll see if i can post some pictures later, thanks for all the links some of the shoes on them are amazing!!

Maisie

maisie

Practically Family
Just keep looking for the perfect pair! And the large shoes arn't just in narrow sizes my Mum got a pair of brand new, CC41 ( British Wartime utiltiy mark) shoes, that had a fake platform, in a size 9.5M!!

maisie

Practically Family
Talking of larger sized shoes, if anyone is interested i have a pair of size 11M Black lace ups, i can send pictures of the shoes to anyone who would be interested?

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
decodoll said:
My ebay username is retrokitten. You'll have to tell me yours too, so that I don't bid against you. :)

My user id is laurenh. I've been afraid I was bidding against ladies from the lounge recently, and now I can keep an eye out :)

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Ok! I have been meaning to do this forever, so I finally took pics of my shoes! Thought I'd share. I think they're mostly 30's and 40's, though I get a bit hazy around the early 50's, so I might have a few of those in there. If anyone knows, I'd be happy to hear :)
shoes01.jpg

shoes02.jpg

shoes03.jpg

shoes04.jpg

shoes05.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy