Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Russet Badalassi

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
Going through this thread I'm thinking wow, how many jackets would @Robbie79 own. Wouldn't owning one brown badalassi leather jacket be sufficient. I myself wouldn't buy several jackets in the same brown leather /shade...

Then I realized that I joined the lounge last November because I was looking to buy a nice leather jacket and needed some information before deciding on which ONE to buy. Since then I've bought four new stock jackets, three second hand jackets, one vintage jacket and had one jacket custom made which arrived last week. Now waiting for the next vintage jacket to arrive, bought two days ago from a fellow lounge member.
I'm also thinking about choices for my next custom made jacket but I told myself I may not place the order before the start of the winter season, which is the time of year I can actually wear my latest arrival.

I'm afraid it will be a matter of time before I myself own several jackets in the same color / leather. Is there any way to contain yourself? Any tips?
You will sell some when you realize you're not wearing them. It is like the pandemic curve - quickly rising to a peak and then slow taper to a couple of jackets...;)

Harris HTM

One Too Many
Is there any way to contain yourself? Any tips?
Try to find something else. Two years ago I've moved my (buying) interest from leather jackets to dress shoes in order to spend less; I've ended up spending more on Alden's and C&J's. I'm now turning to nylon jackets and denim, at least it is cheaper...

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
Try to find something else. Two years ago I've moved my (buying) interest from leather jackets to dress shoes in order to spend less; I've ended up spending more on Alden's and C&J's. I'm now turning to nylon jackets and denim, at least it is cheaper...
Hehe I just moved my buying interest from dress shoes to jackets. C&J ,Edward Green, Gaziano & girling. My last purchase was a pair of Norvegese stitched fur lined boots. Not sure that's a less expensive hobby than buying jackets :p Also, is easier to sell a used jacket than to sell used shoes.

I have a general interest in durable products which are made with love from the finest materials by craftsmen who earn fair wages. I like my denim made in USA or Japan, my t-shirts made in Portugal and my dress shirts made in Italy.

I hate fast fashion.

Cogerrunt

New in Town
This is my badalassi BK.

Attachments

• IMG_20191015_112320.jpg
    IMG_20191015_112320.jpg
    300.1 KB · Views: 801
  • IMG_20191015_112115.jpg
    IMG_20191015_112115.jpg
    431.7 KB · Views: 762
  • IMG_20191015_112039.jpg
    IMG_20191015_112039.jpg
    367.6 KB · Views: 749
  • IMG_20191015_111928.jpg
    IMG_20191015_111928.jpg
    248.4 KB · Views: 740
  • IMG_20191015_111828.jpg
    IMG_20191015_111828.jpg
    235.7 KB · Views: 764

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
I'm afraid it will be a matter of time before I myself own several jackets in the same color / leather. Is there any way to contain yourself? Any tips?

It's like managing any compulsive behavior - stay away from the environment that triggers interest and enjoy what you have. And just 'say no' to more jackets for 12 months then review. The more you look at and talk about jackets, the more you will want more of them.

zebedee

One Too Many
I found that exercise helps a lot with almost any kind of irrational behaviour that's bad for you. In my case, most of my bad habits make it harder to exercise- if I can not smoke my few cigs a day for a day or two, I'll row and then the urge goes away. Jackets look better on you when you're fitter, and there's less need to modify the exterior self with nice things when you're happier with it. Reading novels is the other thing- reading's got to be up there with meditation in terms of calming the mind (unless it's the British tabloids, in which case you will get off the rowing machine, thump 'Ulysses' across the floor with your foot and unwrap a pack of Marlboro Reds as you embrace online shopping).

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
Going through this thread I'm thinking wow, how many jackets would @Robbie79 own. Wouldn't owning one brown badalassi leather jacket be sufficient. I myself wouldn't buy several jackets in the same brown leather /shade...

Then I realized that I joined the lounge last November because I was looking to buy a nice leather jacket and needed some information before deciding on which ONE to buy. Since then I've bought four new stock jackets, three second hand jackets, one vintage jacket and had one jacket custom made which arrived last week. Now waiting for the next vintage jacket to arrive, bought two days ago from a fellow lounge member.
I'm also thinking about choices for my next custom made jacket but I told myself I may not place the order before the start of the winter season, which is the time of year I can actually wear my latest arrival.

LOL that escalated quickly

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points