Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Russet Badalassi

Robbie79

Call Me a Cab
Here's my two-tone Hooch Hauler made of tobaccco and russet Badalassi and based on my experience with other Badalassi it will most likely become brighter.
upload_2020-5-25_21-31-24.png

borisna

A-List Customer
Here's my two-tone Hooch Hauler made of tobaccco and russet Badalassi and based on my experience with other Badalassi it will most likely become brighter.
View attachment 237690
I had the same feeling about the become brighter, I have a sample of the russet and the base color is brighter that the outer...
I am thinking of ordering an A-2 in either russet vicenza or badalassi, badalassi looks way more interesting, but I think it will be too bright...

Robbie79

Call Me a Cab
how does the russet vicenza age? gets brighter / darker?
On certain areas you see the brighter untertone (I guess teacore effect) of the russet Vicenza (pics below) and on certain areas it's getting slightly darker (perhaps because of rain). On below pictures you can see that russet Badalassi has a richer colour compared to russet Vicenza. I also prefer the nicer grain of Badalassi.
upload_2020-5-26_10-49-17.png

upload_2020-5-26_10-49-29.png

upload_2020-5-26_10-49-40.png

upload_2020-5-26_10-49-50.png

upload_2020-5-26_10-50-26.png

upload_2020-5-26_10-51-16.png

borisna

A-List Customer
On certain areas you see the brighter untertone (I guess teacore effect) of the russet Vicenza (pics below) and on certain areas it's getting slightly darker (perhaps because of rain). On below pictures you can see that russet Badalassi has a richer colour compared to russet Vicenza. I also prefer the nicer grain of Badalassi.
View attachment 237766
View attachment 237767

View attachment 237768

View attachment 237769
View attachment 237770
View attachment 237771
The Badalassi does look way richer! I wish there was some pics of an A-2 jacket in this leather :(

jglf

A-List Customer
I do like the waxy appearance of this leather. Does anyone offer it in black?

Last edited:

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
Going through this thread I'm thinking wow, how many jackets would @Robbie79 own. Wouldn't owning one brown badalassi leather jacket be sufficient. I myself wouldn't buy several jackets in the same brown leather /shade...

Then I realized that I joined the lounge last November because I was looking to buy a nice leather jacket and needed some information before deciding on which ONE to buy. Since then I've bought four new stock jackets, three second hand jackets, one vintage jacket and had one jacket custom made which arrived last week. Now waiting for the next vintage jacket to arrive, bought two days ago from a fellow lounge member.
I'm also thinking about choices for my next custom made jacket but I told myself I may not place the order before the start of the winter season, which is the time of year I can actually wear my latest arrival.

I'm afraid it will be a matter of time before I myself own several jackets in the same color / leather. Is there any way to contain yourself? Any tips?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GokhanB