Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Russet vs Seal

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
One seal, one russet then another russet and another seal.:D It goes round and round.

Last edited:

Grayland

Call Me a Cab
Seal is probably the best first jacket color as dark brown is so versatile. I've seen some very cool russet jackets though and like the browner versions (as opposed to the redder russets). Lost Worlds does a nice shade of russet.

Brettafett

One Too Many
How about a chocolatey mid brown? Would that be dark Russet or lighter Seal? I would love to see more of this shade of HH out there.
So far Lost Worlds russet HH comes close, they call it tobacco... as does Aero's smooth mid Brown HH. Nice colours but boring as far as character goes...

atomjet58

Familiar Face
The Gibson Barnes vegetable tanned goatskin is a dark russet almost like seal brown. Kind of like cocoa with some red tones in it but
primarily a chocolatey color.

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Then there's ELC "walnut" and "Havana brown". Definitely need more than one A-2!
The Havana brown is quite interesting and then there are lots of sub-category of seal brown and russet. How about this maroon?
23380.jpg
or this light tanned?
12w_a2_trk2.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred