Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Saddle Oxfords

BruceTracy

One of the Regulars
thunderw21 said:
Several months ago I bought a pair of Nunn Bush saddle shoes on sale for $30. I like them. They are comfortable and tough. The other day I had a guy step on one of them with all of his weight and there wasn't even a scuff. They didn't fit great at first but then I put in an insole and they now fit very well. Not the best saddle shoe but still very good. Now I'm in the market for a pair of saddle shoes in white/brown.

nunnbushsaddleaz7.jpg
I have the same shoes and also use custom orthotic insoles. I currently use these shoes as my sole dress shoes and the fit is pretty nice. This is coming from a guy who has a very hard time finding dress shoes that work well with my feet, as they (especially my left foot) overpronate somewhat severely. I find that the comfort factor of these particular shoes is due to their shape and the height of their vamp.

Incidentally, would it be considered acceptable to wear these shoes with a suit?

Geesie

Practically Family

theinterchange

One Too Many
Geesie said:
Resurrecting this thread to ask opinions:
I want to get a pair of casual saddle oxfords to wear to school, sometimes with charcoal grey slacks. I will be walking a couple miles a day in them.
These three are what I'm looking at, thoughts?

I like the look of the Bass from Zappos.com best.

Randy

Geesie

Practically Family
I ordered the Bass and the Florsheim Hamiltons from zappos. The Bass really have the casual saddle oxford look I was going for, the Florsheims are really, really glossy. Unfortunately, the Bass fit isn't good and the quality is low whereas the Florsheims fit like a glove and look and feel pretty well-made.

Decisions, decisions...

Mario

I'll Lock Up
On the German 'Bay I just scored these wonderful 'vintage' (well, not really) Florsheim Saddle Oxfords in burgundy with black saddle. Florsheim offers an inexpensive modern model that looks fairly similar but seems to come with glued rubber soles instead of stitched leather. A few posts back, Geesie posted photos of this model (the second image, I belive it's called Martin).

Here's the one I just won:

!BqTQq(QBGk~$(KGrHqQOKk!EubqMSntBBLvLuz0LDQ~~_3.JPG

!BqTPT!!!2k~$(KGrHqIOKj4Eum,N,9w7BLvLq4e+tw~~_3.JPG

!BqTRP1gBWk~$(KGrHqEOKiUEuZJ9o3,fBLvLwkUivw~~_3.JPG

!BqTRyKw!Wk~$(KGrHqMOKj0EuuHFc0soBLvL)-L-Ng~~_3.JPG

bl@ster

One of the Regulars
From the recently resurrected Walk-Over brand:

http://www.walkover.com/

Just took delivery of these suede saddle shoes and the quality is there -- Goodyear welted and Made in the USA. I wasn't able to find much info about these before ordering, but after trying them on they do run true to size. For reference I wear an 11D in Alden Barrie and Trubalance lasts and 11D in all Red Wing heritage boots. In the Walk-Over saddle I wear an 11.5D. Hope this helps in case anyone else was looking at these.

Just snapped some pics:

walkover_01.jpg

walkover_02.jpg

walkover_03.jpg

walkover_04.jpg

walkover_05.jpg

walkover_06.jpg

walkover_07.jpg

walkover_08.jpg

walkover_09.jpg

Last edited:

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
As I mentioned before upon seeing those above: I ain't a real big fan of saddles, but I'd wear them puppies.

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Dan, I would also suggest you "bomb" those shoes with some leather conditioner, help keep them looking new and prevent some leather cracking!

Big_e

Practically Family
Looking through this thread reminds me that I need a couple more pairs of saddle shoes. Some great shoes shown here! Here are 2 pairs of mine:

My G H Bass

CAM00042a.jpg

and my Nunn Bush that I bought last week

CAM00044.jpg

Ernest

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass