Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Safari Express rifle pic thread

Oldsarge

One Too Many
I did the same thing once with another Husky. Mine had the rounded pistol grip and was the slickest handling rifle I've ever owned. Regrettably I sold it to a friend who wanted an elk rifle. Poor chap came down with both prostate cancer and Hepatitis C and died a few years back. Somehow I doubt that he ever made that elk trip. If I ever come across another of those Husqvarnas, you can bet I'll do it again. Great rifle for moose and bear in thick forest, IMO.

Renault

One Too Many
I'm going to take my Husky 9.3 x 57 this year and use one of my Krags for back up. I love to hunt them in the woods where a shot past 100 yards is a rarity. Nothing more exciting than to still hunt and all of a sudden have one of those big ones simply appear out of no where!!!! Quit the rush for me.

Oldsarge

One Too Many
Unfortunately I won't be hunting this year except for acting as porter and meat cutter on my partner's cow elk tag hunt. All my play money is going into my shop until it's complete. No ifs, ands or buts! I am aiming for Prince William Island black bear come April or May, I hope. Next fall I can get back into things.

WH1

Practically Family
Back to Montana in November for me and the bride. Had the local RMEF banquet last night and am definitely ready to get back out among them and into the high country.

BTW there is a Whitworth .375 H&H for sale in Cabela's Gun Library if anyone is interested. Very nice wood.

MikePotts

Practically Family
If anyone is interested I think we still have an Alex Henry single shot rifle in .303 (mk I or II ctg??) down in the bosses office, for sale. Nice with ok to better bore. I can't afford it. LOL!

Again Chasseur, very nice piece you have there!

So.........Renault, old pal, old chap, old buddy....McB's site seems to be under repair - is this Alex Henry 303 a falling block or break-open......or what?

Renault

One Too Many
The website is comical, to say the least. Mebbe 8 years behind times. It's a falling block. And it's still in the big man's office. Saw it there last Thursday. I'll try to get a pic tomorrow. Post it here!

Cheers
R

MikePotts

Practically Family
Thanks, although I suspect a Farquaharharssenfa......falling block is beyond my budget. I do have a line on a few Ruger No.1A's in .303 that survived the mass export to our friends in The North. I have been thinking that one of those, suitably distressed and fitted with a loooooong 'scope might be fun?

Oldsarge

One Too Many
It would, it would! After I get my two . . . uh three project guns done I'm thinking about one of those Nepalese martini actions rebarreled with a SMLE .303. It's just a simple screw in and restock . . . once you get the action clean, that is!

Chasseur

Call Me a Cab
Beautiful rifles Renault! Man all this talk of fine bolt guns makes me want to finally get a nice classic stalking rifle in 7x57, or similar, built on a Mauser or Mannlicher action...

On another note I did more range work with the 500 and I manage a 2 1/4" 4 shot group at 100 yards!
407261153.jpg

I went stalking this past weekend but no luck with the old girl, wind was unpredictable and the deer skittish. Those are my excuses and I'm sticking to them ;)

Last edited:

Oldsarge

One Too Many
Oh. Dear. Lord! Now just how many figures are on that price tag, four or five? Damn but I could see myself carrying that across the moors all tweeded out. Why wasn't I born landed rich instead of so intelligent :rolleyes: ?

MikePotts

Practically Family
That's an ancient one for sure, although it almost has to be 1888 or after? Unless it was re-barreled of course ....either way it could tell some wonderful stories.

wellofsouls

New in Town
Never forget Rule 303!

Here is a photo of my two best rifles - a Sedgley in 30-06 complete with original scope, and a newly made 7mm Mauser I had made up on an Argentine action. If I was going out for plains game, I'd be hard pressed to leave either one of them in camp.

myrifles.jpg

wellofsouls

New in Town
And this is in the works - another 1909 Argentine action that is destined to become a .318 Westley Richards (that greatest of calibers :eusa_clap). It has a copy of Rigby's adjustable cocking piece rear sight. Waiting on the barrel to come from Krieger then we're off to the races.

IMG_0871small.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy