Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sandals for men?

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
I think a key point is what one means by 'sandals.' Is a sandal anything with holes in it? Open toes?

I don't care for flip-flops for anywhere but in the house or at the beach or pool. Flip-flops say to me that the person wearing them is somehow not quite dressed. But walking, hiking, or 'athletic' sandals, with thicker straps, including a backstrap to keep it on the foot, are fine with me.

"flip flops" are somewhat sad to me. sort of like some plastic and rubber no one else wanted, so...they decided to make some flippy flops out of it....

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
PeterLawford5.jpg

I wonder if Mr. Lawfords feet picture here is "photo shopped"? (not accusing you of the deed), but really, don't those feet look more like Ethel Merman's feet?

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
I don't recall ever seeing Ethel's feet but if they look like that they sure aren't anything I'd want to be kissing.:eeek:

Jack Burton

One of the Regulars
The only times I've worn flip flops in my life were while staying on the north shore of Ohau and in showers of questionable cleanliness. In a tropical environment I think they're fine. I find them uncomfortable and somewhat dangerous on asphalt, concrete or any other place you may stub your toe. I think they're a pain to drive in, run in and they generally offer no support. You'll notice people who wear sandals a lot have dirty nasty feet. Jesus wore sandals but he also got stuck washing filthy feet:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo