Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

save me from moths

budward

One of the Regulars
So standing over my hats, all resting peacefully on their rack, looking at them in their sweet-breathed slumber, like a father watches over his new child, I am overcome by this other-worldly feeling. I'm not sure what told me to look under the ribbon of a thankfully not vintage Borsalino, but there I find a tiny hole. Round, distinct, heart breaking. It won't be long until my felt babies need to go somewhere for the summer. Can anyone prescribe a moth-free someplace to store them in? Would just putting them in a hat box ward off the larval reapers? Anything wrong with wrapping a hat in a plastic bag? Any dangers to the hat of using moth balls?

stylin

Familiar Face
Wow! Are moths that much of a problem? Are they tiny tiny moths or regular white moths the size of a quarter or half-dollar?

Guess I'll have to wrap up my Aussie Indy Fedora soon as the warmer weather is quickly approaching! I'll wrap it with the far less stinky moth balls.

Yeah....I'll show those rotten moths to mess with my Fed!!!!:rage:

Stylin

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart