Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Save The Pink Bathroom

sheeplady

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I would totally love a bathroom of any vintage color. There are lots of different looks that people can do with a bathroom that is say, mint green, or pink, or really any color.

I find it kind of disturbing that people would remove a perfectly working bathroom to replace it with the marble monsters of today. Some people update their bathrooms every 10 years. Our house has two bathrooms- one is from the 1960s, the other from the 1970s. While neither is my ideal taste, the fixtures and tile are all in good shape (mostly), so we are working around what we have, and updating the smaller items and things that are in bad shape.

Although, I have to admit, my dream bathroom has a deep soaker clawfoot tub and wainscot.

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
My brother's rental apartment in Bayridge, Brooklyn had a pink bathroom with all the original fixtures - I just loved it! I would love an art deco style bathroom when we move into our new home but we'll have to see - Art Deco here is ridiculously priced so we may have to look further afield.....

Marla

A-List Customer
So are colorful bathrooms an exclusively '50s thing? My parents' house was built in 1935 and it has an orange and brown bathroom done in the style of a pink bathroom.

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Pink In The Frozen North

All I can think of is the episode from Northern Exposure where Holling Vincoeur is constipated and Dr. Joel Fleischman runs a full body of test to find out why. Finally, he goes to Holling's house to see if it's something organic, or air born in the house, thats when he sees the bathroom, recently remodeled by Holling's young wife, Shelly. The bathroom is pink from top to bottom, the Dr. proclaims, "No man could move his bowels in here!" I wish I could find the video to go along with this, it is funny! Sorry, but I couldn't resist.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk