Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scarlett O' Hara's Lipstick

Laura Chase

One Too Many
ShrinkingViolet said:
NARS Casablanca is a very good matte peachy coral, it looks a lot like the one in the pics you posted. I think I've recommended it here before, I really like this lipstick!

So here is a picture of Casablanca on me. Sorry for the unruly application, it was ShrinkingViolet's lipstick that I had just put on in a hurry. :)

Aorta

Familiar Face
The Nars colour is wonderful, a real coral-coral. It reminds me of MAC's "Exhibitionist" (which is not sold any more and I wasn't able to get hold of it before it went out of stock :eusa_doh:).

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
Scarlett O' Hara Lips

I have at last found my Scarlett lipstick! Victory!
I've learned that lipstick can look entirely different on different lips depending on your skin tone. When Laura Chase, ShrinkingViolet, Mary and I tried on the same lipstick, I swear you wouldn't believe we were wearing the same shade! It could look very bright and colorful on one, and blend in naturally or be invisible on another! Except for Mary we're all brunettes, but that doesn't make our coloring alike at all.
The end to my search was NARS Niagara. It's a discreet-enough-for-me coral that tends to look more pink and bright in broad daylight. In-doors it looks more orangey and discreet. It's very 40s (or 1939 ;) ). Here's a poor pic of my lips attempting an Elvis snarl while wearing it (like Laura I didn't have lipliner or time to apply it properly):

lips.jpg

P.S. Thank you ShrinkingViolet for letting me try on your lipstick! I'm in love.

Smuterella

One Too Many
I tried the Nars casablanca on my hand the other day and it looked a little sparkly on my hand while it didn't in the tube? is it sparkly on the lips at all? were my eyes deceiving me...

Laura Chase

One Too Many
Smuterella said:
I tried the Nars casablanca on my hand the other day and it looked a little sparkly on my hand while it didn't in the tube? is it sparkly on the lips at all? were my eyes deceiving me...

Well, I guess it's not completely matte, but it's not sparkly either. Try it on your lips.

Laura Chase

One Too Many
Here is my personal swatch of MAC's Vegas Volt, applied on unlined lips and then dabbed off with a tissue. I think it's just perfect! You can really adjust the color, if you build it up it gets more orange, if you dab it, it gets very subtle and more pink. I think in real life it does look more orange than this, but not as orange as the swatch above. I also think the swatch above has some kind of MAC orange gloss on top or something (Lychee, maybe).

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
Laura the lipstick suits you well.
:eek:fftopic: You have perfect skin! (I tend to get pimples close to my mouth *sigh*)
Off topic #2: Will you remember to bring all the make-up I mentioned to our meeting? :)

Laura Chase

One Too Many
cherry lips said:
Laura the lipstick suits you well.
:eek:fftopic: You have perfect skin! (I tend to get pimples close to my mouth *sigh*)
Off topic #2: Will you remember to bring all the make-up I mentioned to our meeting? :)

I get those sometimes too. ;) And I will remember, promise! :)

crazydaisy

Practically Family
I use Body Shop Lip and Cheek Stain and I love it, looks really natural and you can build it up to a more intense look. I was wary of using it as a rouge because I thought would be too pink on me but I have tried it now and it's wonderful - a very natural color in the cheeks too. One of the best products I have bought.

For a long time now I have been wishing they did a version that would be more peachy/orange but they don't :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner