Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Schott 618hh. The good, the bad, and the ugly.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
The concept of zip in liner is great. Where it got messy is the material they used. I have the fleece zip out liner in my Vanson. The problem is that it's grabby. If they just use the same nylon quilted material for the zip our liner it would be just about perfect. Take the liner out during the warmer days, and zip it in for the cooler ones. The quilted is warm enough and has the nylon facing so it's not so grabby. I am all for zip in/out liners, in the right material. On my Walter Dyer scooter jacket it's like this. Very versatile. I think if you are going the custom Vanson route or if Schott are customizable, this will be the route to take, removable quilted lining...

Walter Dyer Scooter Jacket 013.jpg

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
This may end up being an embarrassing question, but it appears that the 613 line of jackets have snaps on the lapels but not on the collar itself like the 118, 618 (and other variants). Am I correct on this one?

Correct. 613 jackets don’t have snaps on the collar, plus the snaps they do have are plain. They also feature stars on the epaulets. 618/118 have snaps on the collar and the snaps themselves are branded with a cool bullet sort of design.

Madhouse27

One of the Regulars
Correct. 613 jackets don’t have snaps on the collar, plus the snaps they do have are plain. They also feature stars on the epaulets. 618/118 have snaps on the collar and the snaps themselves are branded with a cool bullet sort of design.
Would it be safe to say that the collar on the 613SH is stiff enough to not be flapping around too much at speed on a motorcycle? I was kind of leaning towards the sleeker no underarm football thing, but the no snap collar creates another thing to think about. Theres a side of me that thinks the no snap collar looks cooler.

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Would it be safe to say that the collar on the 613SH is stiff enough to not be flapping around too much at speed on a motorcycle? I was kind of leaning towards the sleeker no underarm football thing, but the no snap collar creates another thing to think about. Theres a side of me that thinks the no snap collar looks cooler.

I haven't heard any complaints about the collar flapping about when the lapels are snapped down. It isn't just the stiffness of the SH in particular. I think the shape and downward angle of the collar (shared across models) help ensure that it stays in place.

mumpy

A-List Customer
The collar does feel super solid. Not sure if it is the stiffness or the pattern or a combination of both but I can’t imagine it flapping around.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner