Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Schott 641 horsehide fit & size?

I am really happy that you'll get a chance to try the jacket on before buying. I know how painful it is to waste $700 plus on a jacket that doesn't fit. Let us know how did it go and what size you decided upon! Oh and yeah, like dh66 said, the price is understandable. I've seen Schott selling for much more in EU so $900 ain't that bad!

Yes - everything was much higher - I noticed that. Lviv is more to the west, close to Poland if I am correct. Is it as big of city as Kiev? I lived for a few months in Odessa, which I found to be an enjoyable place. Kiev reminded me a lot of big U.S. cities like Chicago or New York, busy. Odessa seemed more laid back, like places here in the south.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Curt

New in Town
I just can't wait to have the jacket tomorrow and try it on! I have a feeling that I will love this jacket from the first sight and just won't be able to send it back;)
Sure I let you know and post the pictures!
Lviv is near 3 times smaller than Kiev, with up to 1 mln inhabitants. To me it's one of the niciest cities in Ukraine, together with Kiev and Odessa. They say it's a Western or cultural capital of Ukraine and, by the way, it used to be Polish city before 1939.

Curt

New in Town
schott1.jpg schott2.jpg schott hd.jpg
It arrived and here are the pictures! I'd say I am happy with 44 fit, sleeves could be a bit longer, but I can live with that length. Even on the bike they are not as short as I'd expect. Will appreciate your opinion regarding the fit!

Last edited:
Looks good. Fits well in the body and looks like there is still room for a sweater of hoodie if needed. (I needed BOTH a lot of the time I was in Ukraine, but I come from a much warmer part of the world.)

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Meerkat

Familiar Face
View attachment 10936 View attachment 10937 View attachment 10938
It arrived and here are the pictures! I'd say I am happy with 44 fit, sleeves could be a bit longer, but I can live with that length. Even on the bike they are not as short as I'd expect. Will appreciate your opinion regarding the fit!
if you lean forward on the bike is there sufficient lenght at the back to prevent a draught? Looks ok as a summer urban bike jacket. Well wear.

I'd say it's a really, really great fit - the jacket length, shoulders, everything - though I think you actually could pull off a 42 for that extra fit look. But now I'm nitpicking because you look awesome in that jacket! Sleeves seem okay to me, and I can see you have 'em zipped so I imagine they're even longer when unzipped. They look just about the right length on a bike, too. I mean, I understand why you'd want the sleeves to be a bit longer, I'm the same when it comes to my 641 and 618, but like I said earlier, I wear gauntlets so it ain't that much of an issue for me.

Curt

New in Town
Yes, the lenght of the jacket is good enough when leaning forward on the bike. I plan to wear it only on t-shirt or shirt, and even in this case I wish the quilted lining to be more thin (or zip out). But I think that jacket should fit just perfect when broken in with time! The horse hide leather is amazing!

Oh, about that, I've forgot to tell you that Schott horsehide will relax with time and as it becomes softer and pliable, you'll definitely get the impression that the jacket became somewhat bigger. Which it didn't, of course, but you'll be much happier with the way it is on you after only a few months of wear. I'm much happier with the sleeve length on both my Schott HH jackets than I was when I got 'em. Different story with Aero, though.

malligator

New in Town
Great looking jacket. Perfect fit around the torso and shoulders. The sleeves are too short for my taste, but that's a personal preference. Ride safe.

Curt

New in Town
Thank you everybody here for your good advices and help! I really appreciate that!

andy b.

One of the Regulars
I think it looks great. The sleeves look okay. It wouldn't hurt if they were longer, but the only way to fix that would be to go custom. I have the exact same problem with sleeve length, so I pretty much live with it.

Curt

New in Town
Schott says this jacket is union made in USA by UNITE HERE Local 169. Always wondered what does that mean? Don't they produce the jacket on Schott manufacturing facility in Elizabeth, NJ?

Last edited:
UNITE HERE is a labour union whose members work in all sorts of different trades, 'needle trade' included. Schott factory should be located in Union, NJ, rather than Elizabeth. I think it's the store that's on Elizabeth street, NY?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner