Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Schott 641HH in custom Italian veg tanned dark brown Sz 44R

vrenlos

New in Town
Hello all!

I haven't been very active but have lurked here for quite a while. I had been in the hunt for a cafe style jacket for a long while. After several misfires on sizing, a horrible experience with a seller on eBay, and a few more tries between Pacific Cycle Leathers, Aero, and Schott, I landed on this jacket. The seller (Drifter Productions/RJL LTD) sourced the leather to Schott and had a limited run of these made in fall of 2015. According to the seller, this is the same supplier used by Thedi, and it really is quite something. I received in Jan. of 2016, and have worn a handful of times but the fit just was too loose and sleeves too long, so I went and ordered another in a smaller size (I was worried about the "Slim Fit" callout on this style, but it's much more full than expected).

That said, I've now got the original 44 that I ordered up for sale - it's been worn just about a dozen times on my commute to and from work, and that's about it. It's otherwise next to new, with the original tags (Schott wax seal and model tag) detached but included. The collar has just started to loosen up a bit. Stock photos are included here (of the run of jackets, but not the one I received - will upload as soon as I can). Measurements directly from Schott are:

MEASUREMENT POINT
CHEST (in half) 25
SWEEP (in half) 21
BACK LENGTH 25 1/2
CROSS SHOULDER 21
CROSS BACK 20
CROSS CHEST 18 3/4
ARMHOLE 23 1/4
UPPER ARM (in half) 9
SLEEVE OPENING (in half) 5
SLEEVE LENGTH (center back) 35 1/4
NECK CIRCUMFERENCE 19 1/2

And I have to say they're spot on. I had tried a few jackets where, because of the smaller chest measurement, the sweep was worrisome to me. This one fit with ease, while a Schott 141 with the same sweep was an absolute death squeeze. The color is a really nice deep, dark brown that, depending on the light, can look black at times. Not quite as dark as a "Dark Seal" color, but more like an 80% cocoa dark chocolate kind of color.

Asking 525 OBO shipped priority CONUS. Feel free to ask anything!

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    45.9 KB · Views: 601
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    29.2 KB · Views: 641
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    24.7 KB · Views: 595
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    46.4 KB · Views: 644
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    32.2 KB · Views: 555
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    32.6 KB · Views: 515
  • 7.JPG
    7.JPG
    36.3 KB · Views: 598
  • 8.JPG
    8.JPG
    26.8 KB · Views: 583

bwchase

Familiar Face
I saw and tried this jacket on yesterday. Unfortunately too snug for me.
Of the many nice jackets I have had and currently own, this is one of the finest I have ever seen.
Dark color, no blems or imperfections observed.
Talked to Nick for 15 minutes or so lamenting the size, and finally realizing even with liposuction it would be snug.
Whoever made this at Schott was a master craftsman.
Am looking at the same jacket in a larger size.
Someone will get a very fine piece of craftsmanship.
Good luck with the sale Nick.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran