Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Schott 689h from usaleatherco on the bay

Dodo

Familiar Face
I bought on the bay a beautifull Schott 689H from usaleatherco, I paid it but they wrote me there was an error on the auction price (it was a buy it now) so they refund me and ask for cancelling the sale. I'm quite disappointed, usaleatherco changed the price several times during the auction. I'm affraid they don't want to ship to Italy. Anyone had experiences or bought something from them? How are they? How can I obtain what I bought on the bay?
thanks
Dodo

olworthers

A-List Customer
I bought a Schott from the them (about to list it in the classified section actually!). No problems with shipping to the UK, but I did pay a horrendous price on import tax!

The service was excellent though - it came in only a few days, well parcelled etc.

-OW

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
Hi Dodo,
I have bought 2 Schott jackets fom Pete at US letherco. I found him to be very honest, helpful and generally great to deal with...

ChubbMuff

New in Town
Contact eBay directly, I would be very surprised if a seller was able to posthumously adjust the price of an item - mistake or not. If you have no joy then you always have the option of negative feedback which if what you say is true would be entirely justified, I imagine a seller like this would not want their record tarnished.

I don't know if this is the right place to discuss such matters but dealing with them was the smoothest eBay transaction I've ever had. Bought a 141 from them, the seller gave me a discount, went above and beyond to help me with the size, declared a lower price on the package so to save me from paying an insanely high customs and import tax (I'm also in Europe) and then at the end, on top of everything, they also threw in a mouton collar for my old jacket for literally half a price, free of shipping charge.

Can't imagine what could've gone wrong with your auction but... Schott quite recently raised prices of some of their hh models, so perhaps that might have something to do with it. I don't really know, I'm just guessing but as far as I am concerned, they're good people.

Dodo

Familiar Face
I won the auction $ 356.49 plu about $ 50.00 for shipping to Italy and that's a really good price for a hh jacket. Maybe the price is too low but i can't understand how they can put a wrong price on merchandises they should know like no other. I suspect they shipped the jackets to customers who bought the jacket in the same auction (there were 6 689h in different sizes on sale in the auction). Maybe I'll close the deal just because you guys tell me they are honest guys, but really i can't understand how they can go wrong in such an evident way.(sorry for my poor english)

I also bought two jackets form usaleatherco, and looked into countless others but I've never noticed them having auctions of any sort before... I'm sorry, but I don't get it either. That is a really good price for a brand new Schott hh jacket - perhaps a bit too good, indeed. But Peter has always been entirely honest and fair to me so I'd suggest you try to talk to him some more, I'm sure you could work something out.

Grayland

Call Me a Cab
I have seen numerous ebay sellers who refuse to ship to Italy. I'm not suggesting that is the case here, but shipping to Italy must be a problem for some sellers.

olworthers

A-List Customer
I seem to recall reading on another forum that postage into Italy from outside the EU is a problem..... Could be customs issues?

Peacoat

Bartender
If shipping is the problem, why don't you offer to pay more for the shipping? At that price, an additional charge would still be a good deal.

Tkecks

Familiar Face
Yes, I've heard that shipping leather goods into Italy is either not possible or is very difficult. this might be the source of the problem. US customs forms are a pain as it is.

strokes1251

Practically Family
I once sold a jacket to someone on eBay located in Italy and before I was gonna pay for the shipping he told me to change up the info so that "It could increase the chances of passing customs" Right after that I cancelled the sale and refunded the money and blocked all business from Italy. Not worth the risk of the package getting lost and me having to refund money and lose a jacket.

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I feel sorry for the poor OP, though. Most of us tend to think of international trade as one big happy capitalist clambake, but the reality's much different. A friend of mine's a pilot who delivers stuff all over the world but refuses to fly to most countries in Africa. He told me that every time he did some local nabob or customs official would grab his plane and extort money out of him before they'd let him go. My personal experience has been that customs officials all over seem to be cut out of the same excremental material.

PETER ABE

New in Town
Yeah, I'll stick to those I know...and trust. I'm so pissed with ebay right now that I could scream at their mention...
you are the only one ! I can t stand them either! now with my own website ,I feel a lot better off ,still need help how to promote my shop , not so easy ,

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails