Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Schott 689H too big. How bad is it? suggestions?

Johnny_d

New in Town
So today I had a very brief chance to try on a Schott Cafe Racer in 40, not sure what model exactly. That seemed a much better fit. I didn't have time, but I wonder if the 38 might have even fit...

So I was way off thinking I'd fit a 44. But, at least I barely spent any money on it.

My plan at this point is to pull the trigger on a Sheene. Would a Sheene fit slimmer than a Schott Cafe Racer?

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
There’s no single Schott cafe racer model so there’s no way to answer your question from that alone.

Aloysius

Ok, good to know. So that would be like a 689 42.
You know how that would compare to an Aero Sheene 40 or 42?

689 is somewhat different from 641/141.

Aero Sheene is the Aero cafe racer with a pointed collar. I believe the general practice with the Aero cafe racer is to order your true size. (I.e. the size that corresponds to your chest measurement in inches.)

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
So today I had a very brief chance to try on a Schott Cafe Racer in 40, not sure what model exactly. That seemed a much better fit. I didn't have time, but I wonder if the 38 might have even fit...

So I was way off thinking I'd fit a 44. But, at least I barely spent any money on it.

My plan at this point is to pull the trigger on a Sheene. Would a Sheene fit slimmer than a Schott Cafe Racer?
Fit is completely different between Schott and Aero. Take accurate measurements of yourself and discuss your desired fit and any concerns with your order handler. You can expect Aero Sheen to be a snug fit and true to size.

MrProper

I find that the Sheene/CR from Aero is rather large. And there are no reasonable measurements and when they do, they often differ. The best overview you get when you look at the stock of thurston bros. on their website. There are the dimensions quite well visible.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelSturm