Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Schott and Coronado casual belts?

blatman23

New in Town
Hi there!
Searching for horween belts in black and tan, I came across Coronado and Schott... They look really nice and have cool buckles.

They charge about 130$ (coronado horsehide horween) and 85$ (schott steer horween) for their casual horween belts.

Would you say that they are good options for horween belts or is there anyone else in particular I need to look at?

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Schott's Chromexcel belts are very well made and have great buckle hardware. The caveat is theydon't follow the usual belt sizing rule (jeans waist + 2). If you do, the belt will be way too big. So order the size that matches your jeans waist size.

Nykwil

One of the Regulars
People pay more than $50 for a leather belt now? Ouch.

I still have a Corter veg tan 12-14oz natural leather belt that has tanned and darkened nicely that I bought for less than $50 in 2020. Corter even sold the belts 3 for $99 bucks but they don’t make belts anymore.

I’d personally just buy a leather belt blank from Tandy leather for 20 bucks or something like this and let my body do the rest or oil and tan it yourself.

I don’t see the appeal in buying a name brand belt. But that’s just personal opinion.

Attachments

• IMG_1510.jpeg
    IMG_1510.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 43
  • IMG_1512.jpeg
    IMG_1512.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 47
  • IMG_1513.jpeg
    IMG_1513.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 42

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I don't know if I would call either of the above a "name brand" belt. They're just CXL belts; I don't think anyone is pulling the belt off to show that Schott or Coronado is embossed on the underside of the letter–not that anyone would recognize those names anyway.

If you want something like English bridle hide, it'll definitely cost more than $50 even if you're getting a deal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner