Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Schott and Horween Chips

Damo

A-List Customer
I have a Johnson leather jacket and I'm very very happy with it. Alan is fantastic and his prices are great. When creating my jacket Alan and i discussed me buying horween horsehide and then him making the jacket. He mentioned that it would be expensive. I sent two emails to horween and unfortunately never got a response so I moved on from that idea and went with the black overdye.

I also own a vanson Chopper and Schott 141. I happy with all of them. They are all black and I find they each have their own place in my so called leather jacket rotation.

What drew me to the brown Schott chips jacket was the colour, horween horsehide, the overall style and also the option to wear a belt or not. I also got caught up a bit with this being a one off, limited quantity jacket.

I think I would prefer to wait a little while before purchasing my next jacket. As of now if I'm going to spend $1300 on a jacket I would go full on custom with aero in a very similar style and same horween leather but use a thinner leather. But that could change when the actual time comes when I'm ready to buy a jacket.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StrangeRay