Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Schott Perfecto 654 Cafe Racer - Slash/Cat's Eyes Pockets - 44-46

Claybertrand

One Too Many
For your consideration, a late 70s/early 80s Schott Perfecto 654 Cafe Racer Black.

I am basing the stated vintage on the Schott embossed collar snap combined with the main zipper pull type. There is no size tag present but based on the measurements, it comes in as a more contemporarily sized 44 or 46. Also, from what I know of Schott jackets, this model is an older 654. I could be mistaken on the model as apparently, there is now a different jacket with the 654 model number that looks nothing like this one. Nonetheless I have always called these 654s and have seen them elsewhere termed as such. This is the model with the two angled chest pockets resembling Cat's Eyes. This model does not have handwarmer pockets.

I have always really like the Cat's Eye slanted pocket look and picked up this jacket and then another a size smaller a couple months later. With the smaller one being a better fit, I tried this jacket on a handful of times indoors but never wore it. It was always a tad too large for my liking. I need to move this one on to someone who can wear this larger size.

Condition:

This jacket is in very good condition. I would put it at a 9/10 with the only negatives being 4-5 very very minor marks/dings/surface scrapes on the hide. I tried to capture these small marks in the photos though they may be hard to discern. To me they are totally inconsequential ESPECIALLY for a jacket of this age.

I have not cleaned or conditioned it other than a moist wipes wipe down when it first came outta the shipping box. The edgewear normally present in the waist area and ends of the cuffs on a jacket like this and of this age is almost 100% non existent. There is a little bit of edgewear on one part of one cuff end and maybe a couple of isolated places on the waistband but there is very very little to no edgewear present. Clearly this jacket has not been worn much. As well, the quilted liner presents as like new. No holes or stains. The photos seem to overly depict the jacket as having some wrinkles on the back panel (see photo). These wrinkles are not substantial/deep and will work out with wear and conditioning. All zippers are present and functioning. No replacements have been made. This is a classic steerhide jacket that has not been broken in yet. No arm creases or other signs of leather breaking in as the hide still some stiffness to it. One of the reasons I bought this jacket was the largely unused condition.

Measurements were taken w Jacket zipped and lying flat and I was asked by a prospective buyer to stretch each measurement to the max I could which I have done and recorded below:

Pit to Pit: 24" Stretched to the Max Straight across the chest
Shoulders: 21" Shoulder seam to Shoulder seam stretched to the max flat across the back
Rear Length: 27" From Collar Seam to Bottom Hem Stretched to the Max
Sleeve Length: 24.5" From Shoulder Seam to End of Cuff Stretched Straight Down Sleeve with Sleeve stretched to the max
Waist Width: 22.5 Stretched to the Max across the front bottom of hem/waistline

Photos batched below. Photos titled as to what I intend each to depict. Additional by request,
Note: the small imperfections noted above are attempted to be shown in the final 6 photos attached to this thread. Please see all photos.

Price: $250 shipped within the CONUS
Payment Method: PayPal F&F

Attachments

• Front Zipped.jpg
    Front Zipped.jpg
    414 KB · Views: 257
  • Cuffs.jpg
    Cuffs.jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 249
  • Quilted LIner Close Up.jpg
    Quilted LIner Close Up.jpg
    246.1 KB · Views: 219
  • Spread Open - Clean Quilted Liner.jpg
    Spread Open - Clean Quilted Liner.jpg
    332.1 KB · Views: 204
  • Zipper Base Front.jpg
    Zipper Base Front.jpg
    313.9 KB · Views: 195
  • Talon Long Pull Main Zip.jpg
    Talon Long Pull Main Zip.jpg
    304.8 KB · Views: 180
  • Grainy Pocket Close Up.jpg
    Grainy Pocket Close Up.jpg
    320.3 KB · Views: 184
  • Collar Snap.jpg
    Collar Snap.jpg
    166.5 KB · Views: 184
  • Collar-Upper Chest Zipped and Snapped.jpg
    Collar-Upper Chest Zipped and Snapped.jpg
    497.7 KB · Views: 194
  • Zipped Up Front View.jpg
    Zipped Up Front View.jpg
    288.4 KB · Views: 194
Last edited:

Claybertrand

One Too Many
Second Photo Batch......

Attachments

• Back Panel.jpg
    Back Panel.jpg
    208.5 KB · Views: 172
  • Shallow wrinkles and small mark on right upper back.jpg
    Shallow wrinkles and small mark on right upper back.jpg
    330.9 KB · Views: 168
  • Rear Lower Back - Waist.jpg
    Rear Lower Back - Waist.jpg
    457.6 KB · Views: 155
  • Small mark and wear rear waist.jpg
    Small mark and wear rear waist.jpg
    297.2 KB · Views: 146
  • Small Mark close up upper right back.jpg
    Small Mark close up upper right back.jpg
    362.2 KB · Views: 149
  • Small White Mark Rear Waist.jpg
    Small White Mark Rear Waist.jpg
    335.9 KB · Views: 149
  • Very Minor Wear Waist Hem.jpg
    Very Minor Wear Waist Hem.jpg
    339.7 KB · Views: 140
  • Very Small couple of marks on cuff.jpg
    Very Small couple of marks on cuff.jpg
    241.8 KB · Views: 136
  • Zippered Cuff Left - minor wear.jpg
    Zippered Cuff Left - minor wear.jpg
    234.5 KB · Views: 244

photo2u

Call Me a Cab
For your consideration, a late 70s/early 80s Schott Perfecto 654 Cafe Racer Black.

I am basing the stated vintage on the Schott embossed collar snap combined with the main zipper pull type. There is no size tag present but based on the measurements, it comes in as a more contemporarily sized 44 or 46. Also, from what I know of Schott jackets, this model is an older 654. I could be mistaken on the model as apparently, there is now a different jacket with the 654 model number that looks nothing like this one. Nonetheless I have always called these 654s and have seen them elsewhere termed as such. This is the model with the two angled chest pockets resembling Cat's Eyes. This model does not have handwarmer pockets.

I have always really like the Cat's Eye slanted pocket look and picked up this jacket and then another a size smaller a couple months later. With the smaller one being a better fit, I tried this jacket on a handful of times indoors but never wore it. It was always a tad too large for my liking. I need to move this one on to someone who can wear this larger size.

Condition:

This jacket is in very good condition. I would put it at a 9/10 with the only negatives being 4-5 very very minor marks/dings/surface scrapes on the hide. I tried to capture these small marks in the photos though they may be hard to discern. To me they are totally inconsequential ESPECIALLY for a jacket of this age.

I have not cleaned or conditioned it other than a moist wipes wipe down when it first came outta the shipping box. The edgewear normally present in the waist area and ends of the cuffs on a jacket like this and of this age is almost 100% non existent. There is a little bit of edgewear on one part of one cuff end and maybe a couple of isolated places on the waistband but there is very very little to no edgewear present. Clearly this jacket has not been worn much. As well, the quilted liner presents as like new. No holes or stains. The photos seem to overly depict the jacket as having some wrinkles on the back panel (see photo). These wrinkles are not substantial/deep and will work out with wear and conditioning. All zippers are present and functioning. No replacements have been made. This is a classic steerhide jacket that has not been broken in yet. No arm creases or other signs of leather breaking in as the hide still some stiffness to it. One of the reasons I bought this jacket was the largely unused condition.

Measurements were taken w Jacket zipped and lying flat and I was asked by a prospective buyer to stretch each measurement to the max I could which I have done and recorded below:

Pit to Pit: 24" Stretched to the Max Straight across the chest
Shoulders: 21" Shoulder seam to Shoulder seam stretched to the max flat across the back
Rear Length: 27" From Collar Seam to Bottom Hem Stretched to the Max
Sleeve Length: 24.5" From Shoulder Seam to End of Cuff Stretched Straight Down Sleeve with Sleeve stretched to the max
Waist Width: 22.5 Stretched to the Max across the front bottom of hem/waistline

Photos batched below. Photos titled as to what I intend each to depict. Additional by request,
Note: the small imperfections noted above are attempted to be shown in the final 6 photos attached to this thread. Please see all photos.

Price: $250 shipped within the CONUS
Payment Method: PayPal F&F

Nice jacket. I was wondering if the sleeves have been altered. 24.5 seem short for a 21-shoulder measurement.

Claybertrand

One Too Many
Nice jacket. I was wondering if the sleeves have been altered. 24.5 seem short for a 21-shoulder measurement.
Hey G, you are correct sir!!! I went back and remeasured fully stretched and the sleeves are 25" after all measured straight down from shoulder seam to cuff end.. There has been no alteration to the sleeves. I can re-measure any of the measurements if they don't seem correct. I double checked them again and the sleeve was the only one that was off. I believe I got it confused with another jacket. I was measuring a few at a time and noting the numbers.

BikerMan

A-List Customer
I’ve noticed I can wear a shorter sleeve if the shoulders are a little wider. The older Schott seem fro have shorter sleeves and wider shoulders( like the 141 and 618).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner