Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Schott Police Jacket

the loco

One of the Regulars
I'm looking something like the Schott Police Jacket, that one is from their European collection:

viewImage.cfm

Any opinions about this style? How does it fit? Are there another similar options.

Thanks.

Superfluous

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Pro: Different/unique -- not your typical black single rider moto jacket

Con: Kinda busy -- both in terms of elements (zippers and pockets) and trim (e.g., the trim paralleling the zipper)

Mysteryo

One Too Many
Hi, I used to have this precise jacket from schott. It's part of the jackets they'make (actually they give license to their french distributor to make Schott's jacket and sell them on the European market...
It's not made in usa, it's not even made in france, and I assume it's made somewhere in marocco or Pakistan. It has absolutely nothing to deal with the quality you find in us schott. The cowhide is crap, and most of the time they use sheepskin.
This jacket I had, lost its form after the first rain, was nothing near waterproof or warm. I don't recommand buying any of those jackets.
I sold it last year.
Here's my opinion
:)

Benproof

A-List Customer
It's made in Turkey (or was). Debenhams (British shopping mall standard) sold it reduced for a bargain as low a £250 a year ago. Agree on the poor quality cowhide. You'd never wear this on a motorcycle but for grocery shopping, it's probably safe in case you bump a mom trolley on the elbow. It came with a silly hoody which apes the polar fleece but isn't that warm.

Definitely more of a fashion item franchised to the EU Schott division and not USA.

On the other hand, some of the Euro sold Schotts are superb quality and age much better with a patina, instead of crumbling and spreading black dye over white shirts....

Look elsewhere :)

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
I tend to agree with the "busy" comment earlier. I have no experance with the jacket, but if folks here are commenting about lack of cowhide quality, I would think they are onto something. There's a lot of other choices out there...good luck in your search.

Benproof

A-List Customer
Yes it's definitely a fashion item, rather than a durable jacket that will be in the wardrobe for the next 20 years. They made a French version out of lambskin, which although very wearable, is not durable at all as the leather dye fades off (no it doesn't give that aged Han Solo look from the 1970's).

The fit is typical of Schott - not close fitting, and slightly too loose at the waist, maybe designed for a spare tyre or jumper to fit the gaps. Of the European Schotts, the best ones, surprisingly have a label: "Made in the USA"

Strangely funny that ...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR