Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Soft leather jackets in the $500 to $1,000 price range?

Lorinz

Familiar Face
I was looking around for leather jackets, and was trying to find in particular a leather jacket made of a more soft type leather(ie. lamb, calf, kangaroo, etc.), and in more of a "fashion" style, like something more sleek as opposed to the more bulky biker/gear type look. Looking around unfortunately I either can only seem to find Schott jackets in that more bulky biker type style, or these fashion designers(like YSL, etc.) that have insane markup due to the brand. Does anyone know of any good quality jackets that fit the description I gave and are in the $500 to $1,000 price range?

cbez

One Too Many
you haven't been looking around much

in that price range your best bet is used.

Vanson Firenze hide is soft. Find a slimmer pattern, maybe some of their stuff for the Japanese market. You might find something in that price range.

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
What kind of jacket do you want? "Not bulky biker/gear" doesn't really narrow anything down.

Kangaroo is going fall outside of your price range I expect but you still have plenty of options.

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
So I am not a big "soft leather" fan overall, however several Aero options (pre-loved) in that price range. I would look at Vizenca especially, but stay away from Horween CXL-FQHH.

Fox Creek jackets tend to be quite "soft" but you indicated you prefer not to be in a motorcycle specific design.
Some of the Eastman jackets would be a solid choice too.

Here is a Brown Vizenca Cafe Racer you might like (46) but still has a just a little of the motorcycle vibe lots of others to look through...
https://www.ebay.com/itm/404731852766?

jchance

One of the Regulars
In my experience, softest leathers are deerskin and sheepskin. Pushing it would be lambskin.

If you want a sleek look, you’d want the jacket to be fitted, probably unlined or lined with a very thin material (like satin/silk).

A used JP jacket can be had for $500-750.

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The naked cowhide from Johnson Leather is quite soft and wearable right out of the box. Most of their jackets are made for riding but they can make pretty much anything you might want and in this hide it would probably be in your budget.

I was looking around for leather jackets, and was trying to find in particular a leather jacket made of a more soft type leather(ie. lamb, calf, kangaroo, etc.), and in more of a "fashion" style, like something more sleek as opposed to the more bulky biker/gear type look. Looking around unfortunately I either can only seem to find Schott jackets in that more bulky biker type style, or these fashion designers(like YSL, etc.) that have insane markup due to the brand. Does anyone know of any good quality jackets that fit the description I gave and are in the $500 to $1,000 price range?

Wrong forum.

Lbxpdx

New in Town
If you live in Portland oregon, I saw a beautiful soft light brown/sand jacket with a stellar collar at a vintage shop for $24 yesterday.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner