Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Schott x Shinki Jacket

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
That’s the standard Perfecto back! I still think you should go for the 613SH for the unique leather.

As for your overdye 618 plan, you could just buy one of the CXL models and already have it done for you. ;)
Nah It has to be the normal Schott cow. I will try to get one in store next time I am in the area. The normal cow is under rated. I only know this from my wife's $300 Aritizia Schott jacket that was literally 5 oz thick. Why...

Cpl. Clegg

New in Town

Attachments

• 20220430_150920.jpg
    20220430_150920.jpg
    209.2 KB · Views: 182
  • 20220430_150852.jpg
    20220430_150852.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 173
  • 20220430_150958.jpg
    20220430_150958.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 176

Cpl. Clegg

New in Town
What do you think about the sleeve length? Personally I prefer them a bit shorter.
Agree.. Out of the box they are a smidgen too long but as the sleeves age and wrinkle, they will be perfect. The price was hard to swallow as I could have ordered an Aero with a custom fit for about the same cost. I just am a Schott addict. Wasn't sure if I could pull off a biker style but I have wanted one for 40 years.

I dunno, I'm liking it so far. Opinions? Tag still attached.
Surprising to see the sleeves look long but the body length does not. I just can’t help but think you could get a much better fit, for less money, in an arguably nicer leather, from a myriad of other makers. Certainly not a bad jacket, but for the scratch paid, definitely better options and outcomes imo.

Cpl. Clegg

New in Town
Surprising to see the sleeves look long but the body length does not. I just can’t help but think you could get a much better fit, for less money, in an arguably nicer leather, from a myriad of other makers. Certainly not a bad jacket, but for the scratch paid, definitely better options and outcomes imo.
Still chewing on it for your very reasons given. The polyester lining is well sewn but.... it's polyester! It's not as well fitting as I hoped. It's not bad, just not over the top great either.

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Still chewing on it for your very reasons given. The polyester lining is well sewn but.... it's polyester! It's not as well fitting as I hoped. It's not bad, just not over the top great either.

You'll be the best judge of how it fits, but I will say I think the front panels will fit better after break-in, because the pigment finished Shinki horsehide is a bit stiff.

But if it isn't working for you, there are definitely alternatives to consider. It comes down to what you like about this jacket.

Is it the fact that it's a classic Schott Perfecto, but in a more premium 'trim'/material? Is it the fact that the jacket Is an off the rack yet Western sized Shinki horsehide jacket? Is it that you wanted a Perfecto with a removable belt?

I ask because depending on those answers there are different options that might work well.

Cpl. Clegg

New in Town
You'll be the best judge of how it fits, but I will say I think the front panels will fit better after break-in, because the pigment finished Shinki horsehide is a bit stiff.

But if it isn't working for you, there are definitely alternatives to consider. It comes down to what you like about this jacket.

Is it the fact that it's a classic Schott Perfecto, but in a more premium 'trim'/material? Is it the fact that the jacket Is an off the rack yet Western sized Shinki horsehide jacket? Is it that you wanted a Perfecto with a removable belt?

I ask because depending on those answers there are different options that might work well.
Premium material off the rack from Schott was my first draw to it. The removable belt and no epaulets is also important. Truth be told, this in a blackened brown or teacore from Thurston Bros is my desire but I am not sure about dropping the cash on something I can't return. And the epaulets would have to go.
"Aero J106 – Thurston Bros Rough Wear LLC" https://www.thurston-bros.com/collections/biker-jackets/products/aero-j106
Don't get me too wrong. I'm not totally dissatisfied with the Schott P667H, it is just a little pricey for what it is.

Aloysius

Premium material off the rack from Schott was my first draw to it. The removable belt and no epaulets is also important. Truth be told, this in a blackened brown or teacore from Thurston Bros is my desire but I am not sure about dropping the cash on something I can't return. And the epaulets would have to go.
"Aero J106 – Thurston Bros Rough Wear LLC" https://www.thurston-bros.com/collections/biker-jackets/products/aero-j106
Don't get me too wrong. I'm not totally dissatisfied with the Schott P667H, it is just a little pricey for what it is.

Makes sense to me. I have the size chart for this jacket from Schott, so if you tell me which size you got, I can let you know what size the corresponding Thurston/Aero would be size wise, if that helps.

I went blackened brown Vicenza from Aero because I wanted mid-weight leather plus the protective layer of a black finish, but had I known more about their leather options at the time, I might have gone for the Jerky (which is also a midweight pigment finish, like blackened brown, but is chrome tanned so more weather resistant)– unfortunately, due to the crappy name 'Jerky' I was put off from the leather, lol.

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up

Not a fan, sleeves are too long and so is the body.
I also don't see the point, if you want a classic Schott perfecto, why not get a classic Schott perfecto rather than this weird one off design.
Lastly, i actively dislike that single belt loop in the back, having it in the center is just bad.
IMO poor value for money.

Cpl. Clegg

New in Town
Makes sense to me. I have the size chart for this jacket from Schott, so if you tell me which size you got, I can let you know what size the corresponding Thurston/Aero would be size wise, if that helps.

I went blackened brown Vicenza from Aero because I wanted mid-weight leather plus the protective layer of a black finish, but had I known more about their leather options at the time, I might have gone for the Jerky (which is also a midweight pigment finish, like blackened brown, but is chrome tanned so more weather resistant)– unfortunately, due to the crappy name 'Jerky' I was put off from the leather, lol.
Thank you.
I have a Duke and a Storm model by Schott also in XL. The Duke fits perfectly, the Storm is also a little long in the sleeves like this current model. Schott is always steering me to XLs. I also have a Cafe style from Thurston/Aero that I bought used in a 44, it is snug to perfect depending on my eating. I see on Thurston's site jackets that are size labeled, for example, "tag says 44 fits like 52".
Did you go through the fitting process? Any advice you have is appreciated.

For the money, it should look hella better than the 618/613. It doesn't, in any way, even tho it doesn't look bad on you at all. I mean, you could wear it or save a few hundred $ and get any of the aforementioned models that don't have any of the drawbacks of this one.

marker2037

Practically Family
For the money, it should look hella better than the 618/613. It doesn't, in any way, even tho it doesn't look bad on you at all. I mean, you could wear it or save a few hundred $ and get any of the aforementioned models that don't have any of the drawbacks of this one.
I concur with this. I think it looks nice, but it doesn't look any better than a 618/613/H/SH would look, so I don't see the value here. The collar is my favorite aspect of the jacket, but the long sleeves and longer body offset the one positive I see.

Aloysius

Thank you.
I have a Duke and a Storm model by Schott also in XL. The Duke fits perfectly, the Storm is also a little long in the sleeves like this current model. Schott is always steering me to XLs. I also have a Cafe style from Thurston/Aero that I bought used in a 44, it is snug to perfect depending on my eating. I see on Thurston's site jackets that are size labeled, for example, "tag says 44 fits like 52".
Did you go through the fitting process? Any advice you have is appreciated.

So you mean this one is XL as well as those two?

Yes I went through the fit jacket process on a cross zip.

I must say I concur with Monitor that while the jacket looks decent, I’d expect it to look like a super-Perfecto, which it does not, at twice the price of my personally favored 613SH.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
fits you fine, perhaps it will break in nicely on the sleeve to crease cool around the cuff, and perhaps some extra length on the body will also crease to look cool, I honestly still think it deserve epaulettes and the "fake" full action back side panels is a bummer. but hey if you wear the hell out of it perhaps the leather will evolve into main cool factor the rest doesn't really matter

Cpl. Clegg

New in Town
So you mean this one is XL as well as those two?

Yes I went through the fit jacket process on a cross zip.

I must say I concur with Monitor that while the jacket looks decent, I’d expect it to look like a super-Perfecto, which it does not, at twice the price of my personally favored 613SH.
Yes, all my Schott jackets are XL and fit differently.

I mulled over the P667H for hours putting it on, taking it off, looking it over, watching a ton of YouTube videos and comparing dollars to product yesterday. I was okay the body length with and the Shinki-Hikaku leather really was very nice. But all in all still not worth the extra money. With the poly-liner, the excessive sleeve length, the cuff's diameter (that didn't really need zippers), and few of the other minor annoyances, I put the Schott back in the box and will be returning it.

I went back to the Thurston Bros site though their in stock list. I found an Aero D-Pocket Ridley in blackened brown Vicenza, no epaulets and a removable belt in exactly the configuration I would have ordered one and bought it. It's in a size 44 so if it fits as well as my Aero Cafe, I'll eat a little less at lunch and be thrilled. If it doesn't fit, I'll be patient and go through the ordering process for a custom as I still saved about $400 compared to the Schott.
I liked the P667H but didn't love it, thus my reason for posting the pictures and asking for everyone's opinions.

Thank you Aloysius and everyone else for helping me work this out. Great group of folks here in The Fedora Lounge

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points