Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Schott x Shinki Jacket

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Yes, all my Schott jackets are XL and fit differently.

I mulled over the P667H for hours putting it on, taking it off, looking it over, watching a ton of YouTube videos and comparing dollars to product yesterday. I was okay the body length with and the Shinki-Hikaku leather really was very nice. But all in all still not worth the extra money. With the poly-liner, the excessive sleeve length, the cuff's diameter (that didn't really need zippers), and few of the other minor annoyances, I put the Schott back in the box and will be returning it.

I went back to the Thurston Bros site though their in stock list. I found an Aero D-Pocket Ridley in blackened brown Vicenza, no epaulets and a removable belt in exactly the configuration I would have ordered one and bought it. It's in a size 44 so if it fits as well as my Aero Cafe, I'll eat a little less at lunch and be thrilled. If it doesn't fit, I'll be patient and go through the ordering process for a custom as I still saved about $400 compared to the Schott.
I liked the P667H but didn't love it, thus my reason for posting the pictures and asking for everyone's opinions.

Thank you Aloysius and everyone else for helping me work this out. Great group of folks here in The Fedora Lounge

If it’s a Ridley, and you’re a 44, your size is 46. I had a Ridley jacket in my actual size, and couldn’t move. Ridley one size up was spot on. My 42 Ridley wears like a slim 40. It’s actually slimmer than most 40s I have.

Cpl. Clegg

New in Town
If it’s a Ridley, and you’re a 44, your size is 46. I had a Ridley jacket in my actual size, and couldn’t move. Ridley one size up was spot on. My 42 Ridley wears like a slim 40. It’s actually slimmer than most 40s I have.
Hopefully it's a "size 44, fits like a 46"

Rgcards

A-List Customer
I like this jacket. I don't know why people get hung up on the length. I personally think that it's more about your body style as to how the length works. Also I'm tolerant of different lengths, just get a different look. Of course I have 50 jackets so I have different looks for different moods, if I just had one or if I needed one for riding I might be a lot pickier. Also I don't get the schott criticism. They literally sell dozens of styles, and they actually create them themselves, not copies. Only aero and thedi have that variety. If they introduce a new style, they aren't going to sell any more if it competes with something else in their lineup. They have to switch it up to get more customers. Maybe that's why they are still in business, and still making product in the usa

Cpl. Clegg

New in Town
I like this jacket. I don't know why people get hung up on the length. I personally think that it's more about your body style as to how the length works. Also I'm tolerant of different lengths, just get a different look. Of course I have 50 jackets so I have different looks for different moods, if I just had one or if I needed one for riding I might be a lot pickier. Also I don't get the schott criticism. They literally sell dozens of styles, and they actually create them themselves, not copies. Only aero and thedi have that variety. If they introduce a new style, they aren't going to sell any more if it competes with something else in their lineup. They have to switch it up to get more customers. Maybe that's why they are still in business, and still making product in the usa
No, those are the standard Highwayman. Ridley is the opposite. I’d recommend asking Carrie to send you a 46 instead. That will give you the choice of keeping it or exchanging for a custom. 44 will guarantee an exchange imo.
I'll call 1st thing in the morning. Thank you.

Cpl. Clegg

New in Town
The body length was fine in my opinion too. It was just lacking in perfecto-tion to make it worth the price. Plain snaps, polyester lining, sleeve zips were unnecessary given the size of the cuff opening (unless you wanted to scratch your elbow).. Even the model label was affixed in a hand warmer pocket and was visible when the pocket was unzipped. It was a nice jacket, just not that nice. I have five other Schott jackets, two that I bought new and typically I love their stuff.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
I dunno, I'm liking it so far. Opinions? Tag still attached.
This jacket fits you surprisingly well. Much better than Schott's own model.

Did you zip up the sleeves? If you zip up the sleeves it won't look long.

1,600 dollars is very high for a Schott jacket, even if it is Shinki. Ridleys are less. But Ridleys don't come with a number 10 main zip. To replace it down the road will add to the bill. Also poly nylon synthetic lining isn't lesser than wool ones if they are thick and durable, and your local climate would dictate which lining to use.

This is a hard one. You already have a well fitted Schott in one hand, but the Ridley could fit the same for less on the other hand. The amount of love you have for either brand will justify the difference in cost. Maybe Schott will can give you a discount for using your fit photos for this jacket (but zip up the sleeves first)...

Cpl. Clegg

New in Town
This jacket fits you surprisingly well. Much better than Schott's own model.

Did you zip up the sleeves? If you zip up the sleeves it won't look long.

1,600 dollars is very high for a Schott jacket, even if it is Shinki. Ridleys are less. But Ridleys don't come with a number 10 main zip. To replace it down the road will add to the bill. Also poly nylon synthetic lining isn't lesser than wool ones if they are thick and durable, and your local climate would dictate which lining to use.

This is a hard one. You already have a well fitted Schott in one hand, but the Ridley could fit the same for less on the other hand. The amount of love you have for either brand will justify the difference in cost. Maybe Schott will can give you a discount for using your fit photos for this jacket (but zip up the sleeves first)...
The sleeve cuff fit was one of my main complaints. They ARE zipped up in the photos. It's as if there was no purpose to have zippers because of the opening size.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
The sleeve cuff fit was one of my main complaints. They ARE zipped up in the photos. It's as if there was no purpose to have zippers because of the opening size.
That's no good then. What was Schott thinking! I thought they weren't zipped up. Other than this it was a fine fitting jacket though. Priced high but very good fit in the body which is one of the hardest part.

Jaymig926

New in Town
Hello all for those interested I had a size large p667h measurements on it are 23 1/2 chest 19 1/2 shoulder about a 27 inch length. Sold to my brother he’s 6’1” I’m 5’9 1/2. That’s me on page 14 with it
Cheers !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points