Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scott and Company Limited in Boston

nulty

One of the Regulars
Hi...
I bought a nice old wool Burberry overcoat at the recent madison bouckville antique show. I'm trying to put a date to the coat but can't pin it down. The maker label has the name Scott and Company Limited Boston as the "agent" for Burberry. I find a few references to Scott and Company as being in existence in the early 20th century in Boston but I' more interested in when it ceased to exist. Any one ever heard of Scott and Company Limited in Boston?..

I'll try and post up some pics of this coat....it's pretty neat...

Borsalino Fan

Familiar Face
Hi...
I bought a nice old wool Burberry overcoat at the recent madison bouckville antique show. I'm trying to put a date to the coat but can't pin it down. The maker label has the name Scott and Company Limited Boston as the "agent" for Burberry. I find a few references to Scott and Company as being in existence in the early 20th century in Boston but I' more interested in when it ceased to exist. Any one ever heard of Scott and Company Limited in Boston?..

Hello:

Yes, I know that store very well.. They were the premier men's store for decades at 340 Washington St. in Boston. They closed around 1968-70, having been bought out by another Boston store , Leopold Morse,,,who ruined the quality. My family were customers there for decades. I have several Borsalino's from that store and a beautiful custom-made morning suit. Would you be interested in selling that Burberry? Thanks, David

Borsalino Fan

Familiar Face
Gi..I sus reply to you a couple of ties but never heard back. My family and I were long-time clients at Scott's..I know it well.. they were at 340 Washington St. in Boston from 1905 til 1969 It closed around 1969. Would you be willing to sell the overcoat?

Thanks

David

Hi...

Borsalino Fan

Familiar Face
Gi..I sus reply to you a couple of ties but never heard back. My family and I were long-time clients at Scott's..I know it well.. they were at 340 Washington St. in Boston from 1905 til 1969 It closed around 1969.
Hi...

I never hard back from you.
Would you be willing to sell the overcoat?

Thanks

David

Borsalino Fan

Familiar Face
Hi...

I responded to you but you never answered.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomW