Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wolf Outerwear Company, The Guide Master | Research, Finds, Discuss | + Julesons, Fidelity, Edgo, Kit Karson and other made by Wolf

jeo

One Too Many
Fidelity and Wolf are separate makers. Another way to tell them apart is where the belt is attached to the jacket- back v side panel.

Wolf made jackets for other labels- a couple have been identified earlier in the thread. I’d bet Fidelity also did but that rabbit hole hasn’t been jumped in.
Yup, Knopf too.

Nacho

Practically Family
Fidelity and Wolf are separate makers. Another way to tell them apart is where the belt is attached to the jacket- back v side panel.

Wolf made jackets for other labels- a couple have been identified earlier in the thread. I’d bet Fidelity also did but that rabbit hole hasn’t been jumped in.

I appreciate your comment, J. But I think there is a miscommunication here. I understand that Fidelity and Wolfs are two separate entities. However, my confusion started when OP said this above:

As said above, Wolf made jackets for other brands/stores, but they often have snap-close belt, and sometimes the difference in pocket construction

Then he included a picture of a Fidelity jacket along with an Edgo jacket. We've already established that Wolfs made jackets for Edgo as jeo pointed out earlier in the thread. So by seeing a Fidelity jacket there, it implies to me that Wolfs did also make jackets for Fidelity.

Therefore, my question is that did Fidelity give out contracts to Wolfs to make jackets for them using the Fidelity label instead of the Wolfs label?

Does this make sense???

jeo

One Too Many
I appreciate your comment, J. But I think there is a miscommunication here. I understand that Fidelity and Wolfs are two separate entities. However, my confusion started when OP said this above:

Then he included a picture of a Fidelity jacket along with an Edgo jacket. We've already established that Wolfs made jackets for Edgo as jeo pointed out earlier in the thread. So by seeing a Fidelity jacket there, it implies to me that Wolfs did also make jackets for Fidelity.

Therefore, my question is that did Fidelity give out contracts to Wolfs to make jackets for them using the Fidelity label instead of the Wolfs label?

Does this make sense???

I can see why they may get tied together. They are from the same region and companies tended to copy each other, that’s why their jackets look alike.

I doubt Fidelity needed to contract Wolf, they were a prolific maker.

Does this make sense???

Yes. It does now. I think you are reading into that photo too much. There are clear differences between the jackets and I don’t see why Fidelity, a larger and much longer-lived operation would do that.

Nacho

Practically Family
Phew, thanks guys. I thought I had a knowledge gap there. Fidelity is certainly one of my favourites.

Phew, thanks guys. I thought I had a knowledge gap there. Fidelity is certainly one of my favourites.

Mine too. Great vintage MC jacket. I’ll get mine out of the closet tomorrow evening for a night out.

Nice Fidelity HH

IMG_2783.jpeg

Bogen and Sons was another Boston maker with similar jackets.

History I’m guessing same maker or close connect.

B&S are pictured in the Lightning leather jacket book. I have photos but can’t find them right now.

Bonasera

One of the Regulars
Here's my Kit Karson

Black&gray : the belt was cut off by
previous owner
240127080301267.JPG 240127080333319.JPG 240127080357062.JPG

Black&gray with elbow patches
240127080023408.JPG 240127080055109.JPG 240127080137965.JPG
The one with elbow patches was in a book written by Rin Tanaka. All zippers and lining were refurbished by the vintage store Don't. I bought this jacket from the store last year.

240127075808275.JPG

Marvin Berry

New in Town
I haven't seen it in person since I wore it one night in high school in the 80s. I've never seen my father wear it. It's probably in perfect condition, just needing something to condition the hide.

Before I run out there and hit it with mink oil, can you suggest something better to put on it?

jeo

One Too Many
I haven't seen it in person since I wore it one night in high school in the 80s. I've never seen my father wear it. It's probably in perfect condition, just needing something to condition the hide.

Before I run out there and hit it with mink oil, can you suggest something better to put on it?
Take a moist (not a fully wet or drenched) cloth and clean it by wiping it down. Get inside all the folds and crevasses. Just that alone will do a lot.

Then I like to use either one of these Saphir products. I apply it by hand.

https://saphir.paris/products/renovateur-cream
https://saphir.paris/products/renovateur-macadamia

There are many other great products. This is mainly what I like and use.

Yevhen

New in Town

Do you have a picture of your father wearing this jacket?
Very interesting

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner