Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Guide Master by Wolf Outerwear?

BoDeen427

New in Town
I was going to upload some pics but I haven't figured out how yet, I take it that we can't upload images from our gallery, it won't let me click on any images to upload.

BoDeen427

New in Town
20210106_170510.jpg
20210106_170914.jpg
20210106_165208.jpg
20210106_165755.jpg
20210106_165843.jpg

BoDeen427

New in Town
It's a Guidemaster by Wolf of MA. It fits like a small, I can barley get it zipped, I have a 40" chest so I think it would probably fit someone with a 36" or 37", maybe a 38" also. The horsehide is fantastic on this jacket and it's in very good shape for a 40s to 50s era piece, it has a blue wool lining and a heavy leather kidney protector riveted in.

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Nice work getting the photos uploaded. I was working on a post that described it, then my internet died and it was, well not good.

That's a very nice jacket there. The "restoration" one I had also have the blue wool lining. This has a lot of the same details. Quite a nicely preserved piece there!

Last edited:

BoDeen427

New in Town
Nice work getting the photos uploaded. I was working on a post that described it, then my internet died and it was, well not good.

That's a very nice jacket there. The "restoration" on I had also have the blue wool lining. This has a lot of the same details. Quite a nicely preserved piece there!

Thank you very much

Mysteryo

One Too Many
Very nice condition. The main zipper is a replacement, the stars were added (usually this model has snaps on the passants, no stars) and the studs at back are a customization, in my humble opinion.
Still its a rare an beautifull jacket!

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Pics of a wool-lined GMW after a light cleaning. Something I always do with vintage gear.

View attachment 386339 View attachment 386340

The Horsehide has that deep rich look. I love that style of belt closure.

Yes, I'm envious. Great example of East Coast leather work. No doubt the hides were tanned locally, like in the video you found. This was the same on the West Coast, local areas using their locally tanned leathers. Competition for excellence. A great example!

this boy can dream then haha I know it's just the lining but the blue wool lined jacket hits different for some reason.

I agree, but I wouldn't kick those 50s guidemasters outta bed either. The wool on this is really nice. I like it a lot. I think the leather is different too but I’m not 100 percent. Looks different. And the pattern on these I think are one of the best vintage options for you- based on how you fit your customs.

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
I agree, but I wouldn't kick those 50s guidemasters outta bed either. The wool on this is really nice. I like it a lot. I think the leather is different too but I’m not 100 percent. Looks different. And the pattern on these I think are one of the best vintage options for you- based on how you fit your customs.
definitely, since I can always get it re lined at JL anyways. the lining is nice, reminds me of the flannel they use with the FW jackets. The leather looks great like the wool lined example on the top of the page, it has the glossy deep dark black as night color that's just perfect for jackets such as these. Agreed lol the GMW and sportsclad with red liner is right up my alley.

*im having a brown FL cross zip jacket made that's kinda close to this but without the ticket pocket/belt/epaulette and differently placed 3 pocket front

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy