Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scottish Tartan Tie

Rathdown

Practically Family
Try the Scottish Tartans Museum in Franklin, NC. All wool, and a choice of probably close to 100 different tartans (and thank you for not calling them "plaid").

kiwilrdg

A-List Customer
You might do better by having the tie shipped from Scotland. I usually find better prices that way. With the exchange rate shifting the shops need to keep the prices high so they will be able to replenish stock if the dollar drops. You will also get 100% wool in the proper weave if it is sold as tartan.

Mountain Man

A-List Customer
There is also "Celtic Ways" - small shop on Wall Street in Asheville, NC (behind the Flatiron Building). The little old lady who has run it for past 30 years is a mite snooty and they keep odd hours but they have a huge selection of ties - also hats, caps, sweaters, and other clothing.

Mountain Man

A-List Customer
I also remember a place in Linville, NC (near Grandfather Mountain, Appalachian State University, etc) called "Everything Scottish" - not sure if it is still there - was last in Linville around 15 years ago.

W4ASZ

Practically Family
I have several Lochcarron and Strathmore tartan ties which I obtained from Scotland. My Strathmore in the State of Georgia tartan was not to be found on this side of the Atlantic, at least at that time. [huh]

It costs nothing to look at what may be available on-line. Going to North Carolina is potentially much more fun.

Gin&Tonics

Practically Family
homburg.jpg

Proud member of the Seaforth Highlanders of Canada for almost 9 years. Love my MacKenzie tartan tie! :D

Good luck to you!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DavidZL