Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Screen Names...

J.B.Saxon

Familiar Face
My screen name is explaned very simple: J. stands for Juergen, my first name - B. stands for my nick name Bonny, which was given to me 22 years ago - and Saxon is just the translation of my german last name. So the name was created and used as my reenactors alias since nearly two decades. Simple but long lasting.

Semper Fi

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
I was stumped for a screen name so I started going through my record collection and looking at song titles. Ella Fitzgerald's version of "I'm Old Fashioned" is one of my favorites and seems to sum me up decently. I was surprised it hadn't been taken yet.

raiderrescuer

One of the Regulars
raiderrescuer...

Well, my favorite movies are Indiana Jones series, Tombraider Series and the Mummy I & II plus my favorite football team Oakland Raiders. Gives me raider.

I was in the military for 20 years, 14 of it Coast Guard (aka Lifesavers) gives me the rescuer.

combine the two for raiderrescuer and I can use it in most of the forums I visit.

Cobden

Practically Family
Mine's just my surname. I have a christian name, but most people don't call me it as it is hard to say "Steve" in a disdainful way.

funneman

Practically Family
I've worked in Radio/Comedy for twenty-five years with my partner,
Sonny Fox (Now on XM Radio's Comedy Channel), and everytime one of my comedy bits failed miserably he would always turn to me and say in a very sarcastic voice: "That worked great, Funny man."

When I signed on with ebay, it wouldn't let me use Funn E. Mann, which is how Sonny spelled it, so it became Funneman.

It makes for some very humorous communcations from ebay.

S

Samsa

Mine is a not-so-subtle reference to Kafka's story "The Metamorphosis" and its protagonist, Gregor Samsa.

J.S.Udontknowme

A-List Customer
Screen Name

Sometimes when two people around here are arguing, mostly about Nascar or high school football, one of them will end up saying "You don't know Jack Sh*t." That's where I got this name.

Woanzenagi

New in Town
screen names

Means spirit grizzly bear in native american. I got dragged to a new age conference once by a former girlfriend and someone there told me it was my mystical totem. The things we do when we're in love. Oh well, at least I got a decent screen name out of the deal.;) lol

S

Samsa

Tourbillion said:
My ex-boyfriend had a pet Madagascar hissing cockroach named Gregor Samsa.

A pet cockroach? This is a new concept for me...

REDKNIGHT1775

New in Town
RED, is my favorite color. KNIGHT, is a reminder of men with honor, integrity and purpose. 1775, is the year my beloved Corps came into existence...

I began using this as an e-mail name since I was a kid, it just stuck. It’s about 7 years old now and still going strong. WOW time flew by!

SinatraStyle

A-List Customer
I've been lurking for over three months now...

...So I figure it's time to introduce myself. This seems like the best thread to do it.

I live in West Michigan and have been a fedora lover for years. Unfortunately, fedoras aren't too common around here, especially with people in their mid-20's, like myself. So my hats make me an individual.

I chose SinatraStyle as my screen name because I think it describes me (and my personality) pretty well. To borrow a famous lyric, "I did (do) it my way." Always have and it seems to be working just fine.

Cheers

Sachet

Familiar Face
Happenstance

One year I had been making sachet's as gifts. The first time I signed up to be online, as I was talking to the Sysop setting up the account, he asked me for a screen name.

My gaze flew around the room and paused on a sachet. Voila!

Slouch-Hat

Familiar Face
My Screen Name

Mine is from the Australian hat with one side of the brim buttoned to the crown. Usually worn by the Australian military. I also thought it sounded like a cool nickname for a wide-brimmed fedora. But I'm no slouch!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran