Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Seabiscuit jacket

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
Pretty good looking attire for a poor kid. I loved the movie and thought alot of the clothes... especially the women's were spot on. Does anybody have any knowledge on where Toby got this jacket?

15.jpg

rick5150

One of the Regulars
I have seen that jacket with the D-Rings on the cuffs, but I cannot remember where for the life of me. It is similar to the Lost World's Ryder jacket that I have, but those D-Rings make it very distinctive. I do not care for them, but I have seen this jacket before. I will keep looking...:confused:

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
Jacket eer

Hi- relative nuke ummer here.
The jacket Toby's wearing looks a little more "vintage" styled than Aero's offerings- it's the collar on Toby's jacket, its' a little more curved and pointed- Aero's tend to be all the same shape- a bit more squared off. But I do like Toby's.
-BTank.

grant

Familiar Face
Toby's jacket looks very much like the old Monarch or Hercules work jackets. I have a late 30's-early 40's horsehide Monarch that looks almost identical.

SGB

One of the Regulars
A number of these jackets were sold after the movie came out, on ebay. I tried to buy one but was outbid, and they were a smaller size than I wear. One was even the jacket worn during the smash-up scene when he gets dragged by the horse, it had tears and damage to it from the scene, as worn by the stuntman.
I did buy a vintage Thermos and Jeff Bridges' brown pullover sweater from the movie though.

SGB

dakotanorth

Practically Family
Seabiscuit clothing

I know the guy that at least in part outfitted this movie- he runs a vintage clothing store in Cincinnati Ohio. Funny, he keeps all the great stuff for movies and shows but sells all the disco/retro junk! His upstairs is like a archive of vintage clothing....

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Not me. Art Fawcett, member and bartender here, is a former vintage clothing store owner, a custom hat maker (check out the hat forum, many of us own his creations), and the man behind that particular hat.

Mike1973

A-List Customer
Just scored this off ebay...

Vintage, and a small size, so I'm afraid not much help to anyone looking for a decent repro of this style. :(
I was surprised I won it though, as my bid was low, and reflected what I had in my paypal account from ebay selling, rather than what I thought it was worth! :rolleyes: (and my max was just $3 over the end price)
Maybe I'm too used to window shopping genuine A-2's, and the very high prices good ones command. Or maybe just the current economic climate? [huh]

Anyway, here are the sellers pics. I chuffed to bits and feel very lucky! Can't wait for it to turn up... Should look great with a pair of old Levi's and a Newsboy

178315919_o.jpg

178316365_o.jpg

178316046_o.jpg

Mike1973

A-List Customer
Baron Kurtz said:
I'm sure you'll be chuffed with it. (If it's too small, i'll have it off you! ;) )

I checked the measurements, and know there is a chance it could be a tad to small for me...(a 38, maybe a snug 40) I thought of you even before I placed the bid BK ;)

H, I will of course supply more info when I receive the jacket. Listing describes the main zip as a brass Talon. I have no idea if it's original, looks like it has pull similar to later G-1's?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot