Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Seafood

Carlisle Blues

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I am hoping that this thread will be filled with pictures, recipes and thoughts regarding seafood dishes. All seafood including: Fish and Roe; and the shellfish: Crustacean, Mollusks and Echinoderms. With a choice of beverage and dessert!!

To start off:
I name my dishes after those who inspire me as a remembrance and a way to give credit for their inspiration.

"SCALLOPS SUSANNA"

The scallops are marinated in a mixture of honey, teriyaki sauce, ginger and garlic.
I stir fry the scallops;
Then stir fry the vegetables adding some marinade: scallions, mushrooms, red peppers(adds a nice color);
Adding steamed broccoli.

Served over noodles

d44d1442.jpg

688bcf38.jpg

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
rkwilker said:
MMMMMM...sure looks good Carlisle! What time should I be there for dinner? ;)

Second and third that!!!! :D Wonderful dish Carlisle Blues! :eusa_clap

I propose to start the seafood feast with a Clam Showder!

25 littleneck clams, onions, red potatoes, bay leaf, dried majoram, cream (or milk if you prefer) parsley, salt and fresh ground pepper! :essen: .... white wine to go with it ;)

clam-chowder-12408-640x425.jpg
>>( i didn't do this, but one day i will :) )

Carlisle Blues

HadleyH said:
Second and third that!!!! :D Wonderful dish Carlisle Blues! :eusa_clap

I propose to start the seafood feast with a Clam Showder!

25 littleneck clams, onions, red potatoes, bay leaf, dried majoram, cream (or milk if you prefer) parsley, salt and fresh ground pepper! :essen: .... white wine to go with it ;)

Both rkwilker and HadleyH Thank you and dinner will be served as soon as you gys come over. The chowder will be a fun dish to make.:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

BinkieBaumont

Rude Once Too Often
"A really interesting addition to any seafood dish is smoked salmon with a "twist" buy those sheets of smoked salmon from the delicatessen, but put them in a really hot oven, they go all crunchy and curly, and you can use them in caesar salad, or crumbled over aforementioned Chowder as a garnish, that folks wont "Put aside"

chef.png

Carlisle Blues

^
^
.lol lol lol

Carlisle Blues said:
"Stir Fry Sophia" (Prawns)

When I stir fried the prawns in sesame oil I added red pepper, black pepper, bay leaf and paprika;

bd31d974.jpg

I steamed the broccoli and stir fried the other vegetables adding the slightest dash of teriyiaki sauce. Then I mixed the vegetables and added sesame seeds.

64e426ca.jpg

I posted this in another thread but I think it more appropriate here

Carlisle Blues

Smoked Roasted Salmon with Cracked Pepper Corn; Smoked Gouda Cheese

c829d4c0.jpg

"Scallops Over Orzo"

Scallops, Orzo, fresh spinach, sun dried tomatoes, Great Northern Beans, Garlic and teriyaki

c6410653.jpg

03810788.jpg

rumblefish

One Too Many
Cod & Clams

I made this recipe up after a long range tuna trip got turned into short cod trip. I'd always try to dig a 1/2 bushel of clams before going out tuna fishing for a few days, but a bad weather forecast kept us from the long run and clams on the half shell on the boat. So with some cod and some clams, I came up with this;
http://www.penzeysone.com/cgi-bin/one/chris2.html

The method at the bottom is for some other recipe:eusa_doh: . The magazine had it correct, but their web site has a goof. I'll be glad to type the method if someone wants. They did take a nice photo of the dish.

rumblefish

One Too Many
Cod & Clams

Steam open clams with a little water (celery, black peppercorns, and bay leaf won't hurt), when done remove and discard shells- reserve the broth. Slice garlic, and cut cod into large bite size pieces- season w/ S&P.. Heat butter and oil in a very large sauce pan and slowly saute the garlic. Remove garlic before it browns and set aside. Add mustard seed and shallots to the oil and heat on med. for 5 min. or so. Turn heat to high and add the cod- turning for about four min. on each side. Move cod to the side of the pan and add the wine, then after a minute add the Dijon mixed with the mustard powder (the powder could be left out it you prefer it more mild) and stir in evenly. Add the cooked clams and the sauteed garlic, then heat through out (not too long). Add as much clam broth as you wish to make it more juicy. Can the dry parsley- sprinkle with fresh parsley and serve.

I forgot why I told them to have the wine divided :eek: (maybe I didn't) [huh]

BinkieBaumont

Rude Once Too Often
gallery11.jpg

"I purchased half a kilo of Scallops in Old Fremantle port today, and came across this simple recipe which I will try tomorrow night, but I may add a tiny pinch of Herbs de Provence"

Scallops in Brandy cream sauce

1 small onion
2 tbsp (1 oz) 25 g butter or margarine
glass white wine
3/4 lb (350 g) queen scallops
salt and freshly ground black pepper
sherry glass of brandy
2/3 cup (150 ml) 1/4 pint double cream (heavy cream)

method

1. Finely chopped spring onion. Melt the butter in a heavy pan, add the onion and cook slowly, without colouring, until soft.

2. Pour on the wine and turn up the heat. Bring to the boil and reduce by about half. Add the scallops and season.

3. Add the brandy, then the cream. Bring to the boil and boil for 2 minutes.

4. Serve at once with creamy mashed potatoes or white boiled rice.

HepKitty

One Too Many
have yet to try this one

Champagne and Basil Grilled Salmon
• 4 fresh salmon steaks or filets
• 1/4 cup fresh basil chopped
• 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
• 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar
• 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
Combine all marinade ingredients to use as a baste for grilling. Place salmon on a hot lightly oiled grill skin side down. Baste frequently with the marinade. When salmon is done baste with remaining marinade. Serve immediately.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner